Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: How much do you like RPGs?
How much do you like RPGs?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: How much do you like RPGs?
    Demon Cleaner 11:06 22nd January 2007
    The only thing I know, is that the Jagged Alliance series have already been ruined. Remember the screenshot I posted on the old board? Game got very bad reviews, I hope they don't do it for Fallout as well, as there are not a lot of these games released anymore. And remember the last XCom games, holy crap!!
    [Reply]
    Harrison 11:19 22nd January 2007
    The XCom games are probably the best example of how to ruin a great series. Some of the last games were not even strategy related. Very dire.

I've not played the last game in the Jagged Alliance series but I have read it wasn't too good. It is such a shame there are not many games of this type released as I'm sure it is a popular setting that many would like more games to use.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 09:11 27th January 2007
    Well, I wouldn't put too much hope into Fallout 3, Demon. Sadly, I can't say I'm a big optimist when it comes to this game. Although, Bethesda might surprise us with keeping the Fallout tradition alive.

XCom series. UFO - Enemy Unknown was a great game. Too bad the sequels in various forms didn't live up to the expectations.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 15:21 28th January 2007
    I played through XCom:Apocalypse, which is still one of my all time favorite games, along with Jagged Alliance 2.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 10:16 29th January 2007
    Have you tried X-Com: Interceptor, Demon? I bought it as an original and while it was an ok game, it surely didn't live up to the expectations I had before purchase.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 11:31 29th January 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    Have you tried X-Com: Interceptor
    Isn't that the space shooter? I think I still have it installed on my PC, but not played a lot.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 11:34 5th February 2007
    Yep, it is space shooter. It is in full 3D, with decent graphics. It is an ok game, but not more than that in my opinion.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 09:39 9th February 2007
    I saw that I don't have Interceptor installed, I have 3 different XCom games still installed though. But as I'm not playing on my PC, there are still some other games, now older games, on it.

Like Silent Storm, which is a great game, close to Jagged Alliance. But that's for pro players, and not casual players like me, I found it very tough.

And another game, don't remember the name now, was developped by a russian company I think, and then released in Germany, with german language. I remember Harrison moaning about it, because there was no date for an english release. It contained a lot of bugs in its initial release. Was a Jagged Alliance in 3D, but I only played it for a short time.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up