Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: How much do you like RPGs?
How much do you like RPGs?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: How much do you like RPGs?
    Puni/Void 10:06 16th January 2007
    That game sounds like a lot of fun! Have always wanted to scream "objection" and all that lawyer stuff.
    [Reply]
    rayzorblue 20:52 16th January 2007
    Its a while since i bought a DS game but that one did tempt me i have to admit, so by the sounds of it you would recommend buying it, i think ill give it a go so it better be good lol.

Demon Cleaner:

I by no means meant to imply that rpg's are too long i love a game that takes 25-40 hrs to complete its just the laborious tasks some of them will have you go through to get to the end, of course this isnt just limited to rpg's it could be any game, maybe i just havent played the right ones and i suppose if im honest i havent played as many rpg's as i have other types of game.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 11:26 21st January 2007
    If you are curious aobut good RPG's, I would suggest trying Fallout 2 - it's like a mixture of action/adventure/role-playing - all in one. It is of course a bit old now, but the playability is just as good as it was back then. Don't expect any 3D though.
    [Reply]
    J T 18:43 21st January 2007
    Originally Posted by rayzorblue:
    Its a while since i bought a DS game but that one did tempt me i have to admit, so by the sounds of it you would recommend buying it, i think ill give it a go so it better be good lol.
    Yeah get it, and you don't like it, it can be sold on eBay for almost the price you pay for it if you're lucky.

But it's a great game. The equivalent of a real page-turner of a book, if you will.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 06:28 22nd January 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    If you are curious aobut good RPG's, I would suggest trying Fallout 2
    You're quite a big fan of the fallout series, you mention them every time But they're indeed great games. Have you played the 3rd installment, Fallout Tactics? If so, how is that one? I remember playing the first level of the demo, and it played quite slow. It was less RPG, and more Jagged Alliance style.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 09:57 22nd January 2007
    Demon wrote:

Originally Posted by :
    You're quite a big fan of the fallout series, you mention them every time But they're indeed great games. Have you played the 3rd installment, Fallout Tactics? If so, how is that one? I remember playing the first level of the demo, and it played quite slow. It was less RPG, and more Jagged Alliance style.
    You are right about that. I'm quite a big fan of the Fallout series. Have played Fallout 1 and 2 a lot, and I still find them enjoyable. People are releasing mods for these games as well, so that you can try out other adventures and stories. I'm particularly waiting for a big mod called Fanmade Fallout - that one looks, at the moment, great.

Fallout Tactics? Well, I've played it some, and it is an ok game. It is not an RPG though, much more like a real-time strategy game. The game sports good graphics as well. Can't remember that it run slow in any way. Did you run it on old computer or did you mean that the gameplay was slow?

The worst Fallout production ever released is Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel for the X-Box. That game sucks so bad that I feel my stomach twist when thinking about it.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 10:10 22nd January 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    Can't remember that it run slow in any way. Did you run it on old computer or did you mean that the gameplay was slow?
    I meant the gameplay. It took me about 2 hours to play through the first, very small, level.

Originally Posted by :
    People are releasing mods for these games as well, so that you can try out other adventures and stories.
    Wow, I didn't know that. Is there a particular site where I can have a look and d/l the mods? I don't even think that I have the Fallout games anymore, but that should be no problem.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 10:21 22nd January 2007
    There are several places you can go to check out some mods for the Fallout series. The best place to start your search is the site No Mutants Allowed. Here is the link:

No Mutants Allowed

On the top menu, select community, and then downloads. It will take you to a screen where you can downloady everything Fallout related.

Enjoy and happy gaming!

Oh, here is the link to Fanmade Fallout:

Fanmade Fallout
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 10:40 22nd January 2007
    Of course both sites are websensed from here, have to give it a try from home. Thanks for the links Punisher (reminds me of the past, uuh, getting nostalgic here ).
    [Reply]
    Harrison 10:51 22nd January 2007
    No Mutants Allowed is a great site. I'm always tempted to try some of the custom mods but haven't yet. Will have to at some point.

As for Fallout in general, lets hope Fallout 3 is coming along nicely. Any new news on it's progress? and i they have ruined or saved the series?
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up