Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Hi Guys, long time no see...
LowercaseE 21:10 15th January 2008
Sorry I haven't been around as of late, just haven't been playing many games or even watching much in the way of movies. Now with winter officially here, I've started to try to get back in to the swing of things. I recently busted out the NES and SNES and have been playing the Metroid games. Man, if that doesn't get you back into it, I don't know what will. Hope everyone is doing well here, and thanks to DC for bringing me back to the fray!
[Reply]
Harrison 21:40 15th January 2008
Hi LowercaseE. Great to see you dropping back in on us for a visit.

I've not played the original NES and SNES Metroid games, coming in rather late to the series with the first Gamecube version. I will definitely have to give them a play.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:48 15th January 2008
Definately long time! Welcome back!!
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:10 15th January 2008
Welcome back mate.

Hardly played any games at all recently until day after Boxing day.

Spent most of my free time messing with OS4 up until then.

Back into the groove now with God of War II and Lord of The Rngs, The Third Age.

Will fire up Deluxe Galaga on Thursday and have a serious go at the new competition.
[Reply]
LowercaseE 23:12 15th January 2008
Thanks guys!

Harrison, I have to imagine you'll like the original NES and SNES Metroid games. Super Metroid is easily in my top 3 favorite SNES games (and top 5 games in general) of all time. I would suggest trying the NES one first. The main reason being that if you play the SNES first and then try to play the NES one, you'll likely be dissappointed. While the NES game is a true classic, the SNES one pretty much bests it in all categories.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:16 15th January 2008
Rehi man, glad you made it back so fast, we were all worried I haven't played Metroid games yet, as there's so many games out there, but I might d/l the GC version to test it, most of the people like them, and I think the later titles look very good.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:43 15th January 2008
Right, I'm going to fire up the NES emulator this week and have a play.
[Reply]
LowercaseE 03:37 16th January 2008
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Rehi man, glad you made it back so fast, we were all worried I haven't played Metroid games yet, as there's so many games out there, but I might d/l the GC version to test it, most of the people like them, and I think the later titles look very good.
I wasn't crazy about the GC titles, but I don't like 3D games. I will say that they pretty much do feel like Metroid games though.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the game(s) Harrison.
[Reply]
J T 11:01 16th January 2008
Yo LowercaseE, good to see you again.

I got bored of the 3d metroid game I had for the GC very quickly, it was the having to constantly switch to scan mode and read crap that got me.

I'll leave this thread for a while now
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up