Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Strange MAME XArcade problem
Demon Cleaner 01:44 15th January 2008
I just installed MAMEUI32 v122, and I have a problem with my XArcade controller. The config file is set correctly (I didn't move it), but my left stick refuses to work. The rest is working fine, even the right stick. The buttons are all working correctly.

Strange thing is, when I fire up MAME32 v106, which I still have installed, the stick works fine using the same controller config file. I also d/l the latest config file, but still the same result.

Any idea?
[Reply]
Harrison 01:50 15th January 2008
I've not tried the latest version of MAMEUI32 yet. I will give it a go in the morning with my X-Arcade controller and see if it works.

But as mentioned in the page I sent you, have you checked the switch on the back of the controller to see what keyboard layout it is set to? Maybe that is the problem.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 01:55 15th January 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
But as mentioned in the page I sent you, have you checked the switch on the back of the controller to see what keyboard layout it is set to? Maybe that is the problem.
Did not touch the switch.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:57 15th January 2008
I just found out this information after a quick look on mameworld.

Originally Posted by :
We got some emails from users that noticed that the old X-Arcade.cfg no longer worked with the new versions of MAME32 and MAME32 Plus! Joystick 1 had no function.

We have updated the file which has fixed the issue. You can download it here:
http://www.xgaming.com/service/Servi...s/X-Arcade.cfg
Let me know if that helps.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 02:05 15th January 2008
Works now, great. Thanks for info and again I was too lazy to look for myself, always the same
[Reply]
Harrison 02:07 15th January 2008
I would have needed the info anyway as I expect I will have the same issue when I update to the latest version of MAMEUI.
[Reply]
80sArcades 03:56 9th February 2008
Forgive me for still not knowing what to do- with that Updated File. What folder & do place that into? Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:10 12th February 2008
It goes to the mame32\ctrlr folder.
[Reply]
Harrison 03:57 4th April 2009
Here is the current up to date X-Arcade CFG file for use with MAME and the X-Arcade dual stick controller.
Attached: X-Arcade.rar (780 Bytes)
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up