Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Deluxe Galaga competition '08
Harrison 17:11 11th January 2008
Deluxe Galaga - Hiscore Competition

Welcome to the next classicamiga hiscore competition.

This time we are returning to an old favourite. We have already held a DG competition a few years ago and that was great fun. But with all the newer members we should now have much more competition.

The competition is as always, get the hiscore and take a screenshot of the hiscore. Then upload your screenshot to the members gallery on the main site and then link to the image in this thread to prove your score.

Good luck everyone. I hope you all have fun playing this great game. After this we will then finally move on to Super Stardust for the next competition.

Game to be played: Deluxe Galaga AGA 2.6C (download on main site)
difficulty: Normal Mode
Platform: Amiga A1200
Emulator: WinUAE

Note: This should run on a basic A1200 setup.

Controls:

- Joystick + keyboard controls shown on game screens (push stick to access them).

Length of Competition: March 1st 2008
Competition Rules: Obtain the highest score!

Points to be won:

1st Place: 5000 points
2nd Place: 2000 points
3rd Place: 500 points

Game Files: The game in HDF format, with full instructions included can be found on the main site in the Amiga/Downloads section, and on the game page here.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:54 12th January 2008

Almost to a half mil...
[Reply]
Submeg 03:36 13th January 2008

Slightly better, although I still suck
[Reply]
Submeg 11:20 17th January 2008

Next one...
[Reply]
Harrison 12:31 17th January 2008
Slowly getting better. I'm going to have to try for a score this weekend. It's been a long time since I played the game properly so this could be hard.

Anyone else joining in, or is Submeg just competing with himself?
[Reply]
Buleste 12:35 17th January 2008
Submeg is always playing with himself.
I can't even beat his 4th highest score so rule me out.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 12:40 17th January 2008
And the winner is... EMW Software!!!
[Reply]
Harrison 12:42 17th January 2008
It doesn't matter if you can't beat the highest score. Anyone finishing the competition in the top three will still win a forum award to display next to their posts and in their profile.
[Reply]
Buleste 12:45 17th January 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
It doesn't matter if you can't beat the highest score. Anyone finishing the competition in the top three will still win a forum award to display next to their posts and in their profile.
I'm in it to win it. If i can't win i won't bother. It's the American way (even though i'm British). Having said that what about the Slam Tilt results. I did quite well on that.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:46 17th January 2008
I will sort the Slam Tilt results out this afternoon (now that you minded me). I will also update the main site's competition banner to finally show the current competition. I just realised I still have it advertising Xenon!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up