Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: What a 1st week at new job!
Buleste 14:42 13th January 2008
It's great when at the start of the New year it lets you know what kind oif year you're going to have. That way you have low expectations so when something good happens you appreciate it even more. Hope things do get better for you though.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:33 13th January 2008
Time to investigate the wonders of public transport I think
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:49 14th January 2008
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
Yes. Busses can probably be safer than cars. I usually feel safer on busses than in cars, although busses have been known to crash. Not always much good when you need it for work though. Or for lots of shopping.

We do have an Asda bus, which goes from the interchange to Asda via virtually every street in herringthorpe. It is funny the amount of people that get on at the interchange and get off before Asda. Luckily for me, there are some busses which go past Asda and Morrison's, and also go past or near to my house . Still not quite as conveniant as a car though.

Speaking of supermarkets, I was at the Tesco at Doncaster the other week, and in the car park, there was a big wall with some small stairs which went up to the road. There were no gates or anthing for another 20 feet at least. At the bottom of the stairs, there was a sign which says 'Your trolley will stop here'.

I'm assuming by the logos on your car stuart that you work for Comet?
[Reply]
StuKeith 12:32 14th January 2008
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
How you guess?
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 12:52 14th January 2008

Nah, he just drove it like he stole it!!!
[Reply]
AlexJ 14:20 14th January 2008
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
Yes. Busses can probably be safer than cars. I usually feel safer on busses than in cars, although busses have been known to crash. Not always much good when you need it for work though. Or for lots of shopping.
I dunno, there don't tend to be seatbelts on buses so crash suddenly and you're flung forwards with your head smashing into a wooden panel. In a car you'd be mostly held in place with your head hitting a cushion of air. But the size of the bus means that unless it hits something equally large (like a lorry or a tree) the above scenario is unlikely to happen.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 14:44 14th January 2008
Or a bridge, as seems to happen near my parents' house about once per year! (You'd have thought they would learnt where the bridges are, by now)
[Reply]
J T 15:29 14th January 2008
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
I dunno, there don't tend to be seatbelts on buses so crash suddenly and you're flung forwards with your head smashing into a wooden panel. In a car you'd be mostly held in place with your head hitting a cushion of air. But the size of the bus means that unless it hits something equally large (like a lorry or a tree) the above scenario is unlikely to happen.
Ooh, lah-di-dah! Wooden panelled buses, how very swish. In London they are all bare metal poles, vomit stained and slashed upholstery. I'd hate to be in an accident on a bus and end up headbutting a thick steel pole.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 18:32 14th January 2008
Where are the wooden panels? The only thing I see directly in front of me is the windscreen, which is some distance away. Unless you mean the wooden panels on the back of the seats on old busses. In which case, my head wouldn't bang into it unless i was alot less tall.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:35 14th January 2008
"A lot less tall"? That's a rather roundabout way of saying "shorter" steve!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up