Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Top 100 Discussions thread
Harrison 15:27 9th January 2008
Please use this thread to discuss the Top 100 games list.

Discuss your own nominations and those made by others. Put forward your arguments why certain games should be included, and why others should not.

Discuss whatever you like about the Top 100 here.

All discussion and comment posts made in the official "stages" threads will also be moved here.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:34 10th January 2008
This is great. We already have 7 lists of games posted, so we are well on the way to building the initial list. Thanks everyone who has already posted their lists.

Already we have a lot of games listed that were obviously going to make the top 100, but already we have also got some great ones I had completely forgotten about. I can't wait to see what we finally have once they are all merged into a single list.
[Reply]
Buleste 12:46 10th January 2008
How about the top 10 worst games. Just so ROTR can win an award.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:51 10th January 2008
I did think of that and we can definitely do that after the Top 100 is completed. Will be funny trying to work out what the bottom 10 worst Amiga games of all time actually were as there are quite a few bad ones out there.

We might actually need to test some of them to confirm how bad they really are!
[Reply]
Buleste 13:04 10th January 2008
The winner is the next gaming competition.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:19 10th January 2008
I have a feeling Teho might not like that idea.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 19:32 16th January 2008
Hehe.. that's true.. poor Teho.. It's hard suffering from the ROTR-syndrome.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:12 17th January 2008
I've noticed that some of the more recent games are missing from the top 100. Napalm, Foundation etc. I've got a few of these games and to be honest they're o.k. but not remarkable which is unusual because normally when you get to the end of a systems life you get some of the best games because programmers have finally worked out how to get the most from the hardware.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:49 17th January 2008
That is true, but equally many had already moved on and stopped buying new Amiga games by the time Foundation was released, so they missed some of the final games for the system.

But as you say most were not remarkable. The earlier games in the Amiga's life were the try innovators and genre definers.
[Reply]
Sharingan 20:46 24th January 2008
Only two nominations for Hired Guns so far? I thought it was one of the most brilliant action RPGs for the Amiga. Played it to death with my brother, and finished the whole game like 5 or 6 times.

I especially loved the creepy atmosphere and the cool-ass character designs.

Perhaps the game will be remade some day.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up