Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Royal Mail
toomanymikes 08:41 14th January 2008
I had a bunch of letters arrive last week in a sealed envelope from royal mail with an apology letter stating that 'due to the postal strike and subsequent busy Christmas period a bag of letters was misplaced' and it turns out my post was in it. Lucky it wasnt anything important - only my new mortgage terms and 2 bank statements...dated from December 2006...
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:38 14th January 2008
They misplaced stuff from 2006?

This isn't a royal mail complaint but we do keep getting post for people who don't live here. It's usualy either the previous occupier, or someone who we have never heard of and who has never lived here. Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs like sending letters about this person here.

Today we have a letter for yet another person. This time from teh council who are replying to a complaint about noise coming from number 9. I'm guessing that either the person who made the complaint, or the person that sent the reply accidentally put number 10 (my number) on the letter, and that the person really lives at number 11. I will now have to go and find out.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 10:41 14th January 2008
Maybe they were just afraid of putting their real address, just in case of unwanted recriminations.

(And that's my BIG word for the day!)
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:41 14th January 2008
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
They misplaced stuff from 2006?
Yup. A whole year late. Thats some strike!
[Reply]
AlexJ 14:38 14th January 2008
This isn't a royal mail complaint but we do keep getting post for people who don't live here. It's usualy either the previous occupier, or someone who we have never heard of and who has never lived here. Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs like sending letters about this person here.
Nothing really the RM can do about that, as far as I know, they have to deliver to the address on the front. Best thing you can do is put a line through the address, write "not known at this address" on the envelope and pop it back in the postbox, the RM will then try and return it to the sender. Hopefully then, the company will eventually take the hint and stop update their records.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:19 14th January 2008
Indeed. Cross out the address on the front. Put "Not Known as this address, please return to sender" on there, and circle the return address, normally found on the back.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 18:25 14th January 2008
That is what I have always done. Makes no difference for the HMRC. They still send us stuff, even after writing to them explaining the situation.

The letter which i got today from the council, I could have easily taken back to them myself as they are in the building opposite my college. Number 11 seemed most suitable so I dropped it through their letterbox. If I got it wrong, they could always put it through the correct address or send it back.
[Reply]
AlexJ 22:09 14th January 2008
That is what I have always done. Makes no difference for the HMRC.
HMRC? Open them up and see if they're CD's.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:43 14th January 2008
So that's where they have all been going. Government lost property redirected care of Stephen Coates!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:22 15th January 2008
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
That is what I have always done. Makes no difference for the HMRC.
HMRC? Open them up and see if they're CD's.
Unfortunately they weren't. We get get a letter apologising about the loss though.

I guess I'll have to find some other way to steal peoples identity.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up