Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: A1200 projects
Stephen Coates 15:24 11th January 2007
Nice Amiga you have there

I'd like something like that but money makes having something as good as that slightly impossible at the moment.

I'm getting there though.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 20:31 11th January 2007
Has cost me a few quid.
Has been built over a period of time though, so I haven't had to take too big a hit at any one time.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:10 11th January 2007
It always frightening to actually work out how much a heavily upgraded system has cost over the years. I must have spend quite a lot on my Amigas over the years when they were my main systems.

Especially scary is realising how much I spent on an external high density floppy drive for my A1200. You can buy floppy drives for a PC for under £1 now. I think I spend way over £100 on that HD drive for the Amiga at the time. Is a huge contrast in price, but at the time it was very much worth the investment.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 21:18 11th January 2007
And that of course is the main thing.
The money spent is fine as long as you got what you wanted from spending it.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 22:53 11th January 2007
Originally Posted by :
And that of course is the main thing.
The money spent is fine as long as you got what you wanted from spending it.
I totally agree with that. Still strange to think about how expensive stuff like floppy drives, memory bricks of a whopping 4MB or slow 2x CD-ROM's was. In ten years from now we will probably be laughing at the hardware we hold in our hands now.
[Reply]
J T 09:55 12th January 2007
[QUOTE=P G;1112]
Originally Posted by :
In ten years from now we will probably be laughing at the hardware we hold in our hands now.
I can't be the only one that read some innuendo into that, can I?

[Reply]
Harrison 11:15 12th January 2007
At the time, no I didn't read anything into that. But now you mention it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up