Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Thread: "The last movie you've seen" thread
Demon Cleaner 00:34 22nd October 2008
Hellboy II: The Golden Army

I don't think I have to explain what this movie is about, and when I had to describe it in one word:

Brilliant!!!

9/10
[Reply]
Harrison 01:56 22nd October 2008
I was unsure from the trailers if Hellboy II was going to be any good. I'm not yet seem it, but I've heard people saying its good so I will definitely have to see it now.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:31 22nd October 2008
It has a lot of funny quotes and is also nicely done. I prefer the first half of the film though, as later comes a small step into but nothing to worry about, it's not like the love story in the Spiderman movies
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:46 23rd October 2008
Vantage point

In this movie the attempted assassination of the american president is told and re-told from several different perspectives. Good movie, stays gripping until the last minute.

7.5/10
[Reply]
Harrison 16:04 23rd October 2008
From the trailers I avoided that film on release, and the reviewers didn't like it. I will probably wait until it's out on Sky and then watch it.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:02 23rd October 2008
I also watched it on TV (Premiere), and it wasn't bad at all, the beginning is slow, and I already thought this one's gonna get boring, but once you see the same 23 minutes from different views and angles, it gets interesting and keeps you guessing what really happened.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:56 25th October 2008
Grim Reaper

I watched this the other night on TV and I would definitely recommend you don't bother. The acting is really bad, bordering on amateur. The camera work is also quite bad. You can see they have tried to make it look better with some low down skewed angles but it has the quality of a low budget TV movie.

*Spoiler*

The story isn't much better. A stripper leaves the club she works at to wait for her boyfriend to pick her up. While waiting she is hit by a taxi. She wakes up in a hospital and then everyone vanishes and she gets knocked out by a nurse. She then wakes up again in a mental institute cell with seemingly only one doctor on duty and no other staff. Soon discovering there are others there trapped like her. They quickly find out that the doctor was dying of lung cancer caused by smoking, but sold his soul to the grim reaper in exchange for him finding other souls trapped in limbo (should have died in accidents but somehow lived). And the stripper is one of them.

The film continues with her boyfriend trying to find out what has happened to her and eventually finding his way to the hospital and getting inside. During which each of the inmates is killed one by one by the grim reaper in very cliche ways. Finally the girl works out the only way to escape death is to die. So she makes her boyfriend kill her, then bring her back.

End of film. Well the end is her in a bath, talking to her boyfriend in the other room, she falls asleep, slips into the bath, drowns, and the grim reaper gets her anyway.

2/10
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:29 27th October 2008
Poor Harrison, I just saw that it got 2.4/10 at IMDb, in that case I wouldn't even have bothered to watch it. Seems like 82 minutes of your life are forever gone
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:09 5th November 2008
Iron Man

I found it very good, although not throughout the whole movie, so I give it a 7.5/10, I prefer Hellboy as comic translation, but with Iron Man following as 2nd.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:26 5th November 2008
Iron Man was a very good film, but I also agree that this wasn't true throughout the whole film. I think the end let it down especially as it did end up being a super hero film by numbers, with Iron Man facing off against a less evolved, but stronger opponent. They really could of created an amazing Middle East combat finale to the film rather than wrapping that part up as an aside to an internal company link.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Up