Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
2 3 4 5 6
Thread: Who still plays with the PS2?
Harrison 00:04 12th August 2008
Only the first 60GB version of the PS3 could play PS2 games. Since the release of the cheaper updated 40GB version of the PS3 it can't play PS2 games any more. This was removed as part of the cost cutting measures with the newer version of the console.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 08:07 12th August 2008
Originally Posted by khaxzan:
I don't care about better graphics either! heck, i'm still playing conkers bad fur day and jet force gemini on n64!
Well as this is an Amiga site a lot of us are still playing Amiga games so what's your point?
[Reply]
khaxzan 16:11 13th August 2008
It's not, it's just this new shirt I bought. It rucks up like that.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:15 18th August 2008
Originally Posted by khaxzan:
PS3 can play ps1 and ps2 games anyways, so I guess it wouldn't if gamers ditch their old consoles.
Not if you only own copies. And as Harrison mentioned, this feature was removed with the later models. I still keep my consoles anyway.
[Reply]
Teho 14:04 18th August 2008
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Not if you only own copies.
On that note, someone's managed to run copies of PS3 games from it's HD. It's a hassle to pull off and only works with a few games, but it's a start.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:47 18th August 2008
That does sound complicated, but it also sounds like a great start. Remember the beginnings of the PSP hacking to run unsigned code? That began with people needing to first launch a program into memory via a save game hack, then use a proxy disc to boot code from a memory stick to launch an ISO. And now all we need to do is install a custom firmware, copy the ISOs to the memory stick and bobs your sister's dad's brother.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
2 3 4 5 6
Up