Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: iPhone
Harrison 23:46 28th April 2008
Don't we have another iPhone thread somewhere?

Anyway...

It's made by Apple so you won't see me buying one any time soon.

On a more serious note... you DEFINITELY won't see my buying one! Why? Apple seem to have forgotten that this is a phone and for that function the iPhone is crap. Everyone I know who has one thinks so. For a media player it does fair better and the touch screen software is very nicely designed. But it is the typical Apple gimmick hardware for the gullible Apple fans of the world in my view.

8GB? There is a new 16GB version. But even that is way to small for the needs to many today. If there was a 120GB version I might have been tempted.
[Reply]
J T 09:35 29th April 2008
Yeah, I merged them just now. Whoops.

The camera on the iPhone is shit BTW, but I have to say the rest of it is pretty cool. I like it a lot more than my K810i. But is it worth the money? That is another question...
[Reply]
Buleste 09:39 29th April 2008
No matter what price they put that thing at it'll still be a phone for show offs. It may have all these wonderfull things it can do but because the british mobile phone industry is such a rip off (I know i used to work for the industry) everytime you use one of the flashy apps it'll cost you an arm and a leg and run like sh1t. It's like having a Bugatti Varon for the school run in a town that has a 20 mph speed limit after the car has been spoiled by "Pimp my Ride".
[Reply]
J T 09:46 29th April 2008
I've never understood why Apple is loved by so many and detested by others.

I've seen both sides of it and I have to say, I don't get it. It's just computer/tech kit with it's own merits and of course flaws too. I'm happy say that I do quite like it.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:08 29th April 2008
I've nothing against Apple unlike Harrison. however I don't understand the hype about the iPhone.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:15 29th April 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
I've nothing against Apple unlike Harrison. however I don't understand the hype about the iPhone.
Exactly the same here, I'm no Apple hater, but seriously, they're are a lot of nice phones out there, why the iphone?
[Reply]
Harrison 11:07 29th April 2008
I'm an Apple hater for the simple reason that the company take existing technology, add a shiny over designed look and feel to it, and then the masses of Apple fans lap it up like its the best thing since sliced bread, with the blinkered idea that Apple had invented the technology. How many Apple fans still think they invented the mp3 player and the mp3 file format? Quite a few!

Apple fans are like religious sheep, believing everything they are fed by their leader.

And the biggest thing I hate is that all Apple hardware s tied into Apple software. I don't want to have to install iShit on my PC just so I can copy some songs to an mp3 player. Why in this day and age can't all mp3 and media players plug into the USB slot of appear as a drive so you can drag and drop and manage your files? Control, that is why! Apple playing big brother all the time, just like their hand holding OS crap.

OK, I will admit that they often make some nice products. But they are never perfect. The iPhone for example has a crap low res camera compared to others these days, has no WiFi which is really bad for something promoted as a media system, is really crap as an actual phone, and doesn't even have 3G! But the fans are lapping it up because it is from Apple.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:27 29th April 2008
Whilst I am still not interested in having one of these, I will have to go and have a fiddle with one in the Apple store. I'll be going past later in order to pick up some photos which i took to be developped yesterday

As cool as a touchscreen might seem, I don't see how it is practical to use on such a device. Are you suppose to look at it everytime you use it? I know this might be necessary for dialing numbers, but with playing music, I operate my walkman when it is in the pocket of my jeans/jacket without looking at it, and when talking on my mobile telephone, i can quite easily locate the red/green button to end the call without looking at it. All due to the fact that they have real buttons.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:30 29th April 2008
That is a very goof point that a lot of people are also moaning about. You can't really operate the iPhone, or the iTouch for that matter, when it is in your pocket. Not so useful as an mp3 player either then.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 16:40 3rd May 2008
And do you really want to be seen walking along, with your hand in your pocket, fiddling all the time...
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up