Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Napolean Dynamite
LowercaseE 22:08 8th February 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I can't stand Will Ferrell. I think he is a complete dick and hasn't yet been funny once in all the films I've seen him in. ... And every film I've seen him in, he is the same, no acting skills as far as I can tell. How did he become famous?
I could not agree more. Will Ferrell is one of those loud, obnoxious, annoying guys that think everything they say is hilarious and that everyone should hear everything they say. I don't like people like that.

As for NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, I did not like it. I've had many people tell me "you just didn't 'get' it", but believe me I did and there was simply nothing to like about it. In general, any MTV product is going to get a negative reaction from me.
[Reply]
AlexJ 15:12 9th February 2008
Originally Posted by burns flipper:
Have you seen it yet, JT & Harrison? I picked up the new 2-disc Special Edition from HMV for a paltry £6 just the other week!
On your and others here's recommendations I've picked this up (it was £4 for a new 1-disc edition on Amazon Marketplace) so I'll let you know how I found it soon.
[Reply]
AlexJ 20:01 9th February 2008
Okay, I watched it. Being kind I'd give it 4/10. There were some laughs in there, but far too few for 90 minutes. For me, just saying silly things isn't funny and that what 90% of the movie was.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 06:06 10th February 2008
Never watched anything with Will Ferrell in it.
Nothing has ever caught my eye.

Having read some of the entries here, can't see me bothering anytime soon
[Reply]
burns flipper 11:40 11th February 2008
Originally Posted by LowercaseE:
As for NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, I did not like it. I've had many people tell me "you just didn't 'get' it", but believe me I did and there was simply nothing to like about it.
Sounds to me like someone didn't get it
[Reply]
Buleste 11:48 11th February 2008
I think we can say that this is a Marmite subject.
[Reply]
J T 14:19 11th February 2008
Nah, still not got round to watching it, but it remains on the HDD.

Will Ferrell was quite good in Zoolander, I thought. A large (ish) part but the whole film wasn't centred on him.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 14:36 11th February 2008
Forgot he was in that.
So I have seen a film with him in it.

Good film.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up