Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28
Thread: Random Rants
Harrison 00:15 26th August 2012
It depends on the company.

In my experience with electronics they will test your returned items, and make a report. If they agree it is a fault covered by the warranty, if it is a straight forward repair,such as swapping out a part, they might repair your original equipment. But more often they will either give you another new replacement (which I would always prefer they did rather than even repairing the faulty one), or they will send you a refurbished replacement and then put your faulty items to be repaired ready to be used as another warranty refurbished unit.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:54 1st September 2012
I had also to send in the Mede8er for repair yesterday, as my insurance company doesn't want to replace it, they want me to get it repaired.

Mede8er told me to send it back in the original box and in a anti-static foil, which unfortunately I didn't have anymore, so I just hope that they accept the package.

No news yet for my other stuff.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:08 2nd September 2012
That is annoying, but I expected your insurance would try to do that.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:57 6th September 2012
I got the Mede8er already back today, and it got repaired, the HDMI output was defective, and they replaced the motherboard. Everything went on the guarantee. Work fine again now, and I have to say, everything went without flaws, I have to admit that their support is awesome.

The mediaplayer arrived on Wednesday at Mede8er, and they already send it back yesterday, and I got it today.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:21 6th September 2012
That is brilliant service.
[Reply]
Tiago 14:54 7th September 2012
My car (Seat Ibiza 1.6 tdi) just gave me a "small problem", he were going to the beach, and then a sound came out and the alert light "refrigerator water device" or something like this came out from the dashboard. I stopped and checked the refrigerator liquid container, and it was empty, not even a single drop of liquid. The car (like all cars today) has a device that warns when it goes below the minimum limit, and it's not so low. Some tube broke and all the liquid went away very fast. It didn't have me time to put more liquid.
It went to the garage (Seat) and the result... 275 euros.... fxxx !!! the bill has so many shxxs that it looks like a supermarket list. Even shixx like "environment measures - 5 euros " .... 275 euros here is a lot of many.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:26 7th September 2012
I never go to a main car dealer any more. Better to find a recommended local independent garage. Better service and cheaper.

A couple of months ago a couple of the tire valve stems on my Peugeot 407 snapped off while I was trying to check the air pressures. The car has pressure sensors. I rang Peugeot and they said you could only buy a whole new sensor unit and it would cost £275, plus £75 to fit, plus £65 to recode the car into the new sensors. I did some internet research and found I could buy replacement pressure stems from eBay for about £11 each and ringing a local garage I trust they fitted them for £10 each wheel. Result!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:00 7th September 2012
The garages tend to be very expensive, and also often change things that don't need to be changed. That's always difficult to see for myself, when there's like 10 items that got changed, and they tell you that they really needed to do it, because I'm a total car noob
[Reply]
Harrison 00:36 8th September 2012
I sometimes wonder how much the large garages do tell the truth. I used to use main dealers, but ine year I booked my car in for a yearly service and mot and they kept ringing me saying they had found more things that needed doing. They quoted a total over £1500. I told them just to do what was needed to get it through the mot. Cost £240. Just shows! Got a friend who is a mechanic to look at the list and only a couple of the items needed doing. The rest were just slightly worn, but had years left in them.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 07:01 8th September 2012
Why do the main dealers charge so much?

My mother bought a Vauxhall car about 4 years ago, and had to get a regular service at the dealer in order for the warranty to remain valid. This was expensive. Now she goes to a reputable, much cheaper garage. But we still get 'courtesy calls' from the dealer advising that it is due a routine service.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28
Up