Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16
Thread: Random Rants
Harrison 12:21 30th July 2008
I saw the news about the fire at your flats. All of the residence were up in arms stating that this incident proves the flats need a fire escape, but that the council stated that the current flats confirm to safely standards.

Someone set the fire at the bottom of the only stairs in the flats, meaning no one could use them to escape, so how can that be up to standard?

Was there much smoke and fire damage done? Were you able to get back into your flat quickly?

Glad you are both OK.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 08:40 31st July 2008
The smoke was the real problem. I, foollishly it seems, tried to get out early, whilst the stairwell was fairly clear of smoke but it got so bad I was forced to take sheleter on one of the landings.

The addition of two new floors to the building should provide an ample opportunity for the landlord to fix a fire escape to the building, but he appears to be very slow to react to the needs of the tenants.

I guess it might soon be time to look for somewhere else to stay... This place is doing my head in!

Thanks to all for the messages, my daughter certainly seems ok, whereas I... well, time will tell... It was hard to put on a brave face in front of my daughter when I was cacking myself, but it had to be done, just to keep her calm.

At least now I know better next time... but then, I'd rather there wasn't a next time!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:16 31st July 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
At least now I know better next time... but then, I'd rather there wasn't a next time!
Yeah, that's true, you can say that next time you'll know better, but who wants to relive such a scenario again, probably no one. Glad to hear that your daughter and you are Ok. The whole thing really makes me think about what happened to the youth nowadays?
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 13:52 31st July 2008
The little bastards should be dumped on an island somewhere and left to fend for themselves.
They won't have the time, energy or inclination to be setting fires then.
[Reply]
Sharingan 17:49 31st July 2008
For that reason alone, one would consider not living anywhere higher than the 2nd floor. At least a jump from the 2nd floor wouldn't be fatal (at least not for an adult). Being trapped in a building with fire blazing all around just seems terrifying.

Glad to hear you and your kid are okay.
[Reply]
Buleste 09:35 6th August 2008
Keith Vaz MP is a stupid tosser. Last week he came out with this:-
Originally Posted by :
The BBFC should realise there are scenes of gratuitous violence in The Dark Knight to which I certainly would not take my 11-year-old daughter. It should be a 15 certificate.
For a start you shouldn 't be taking your 11 year old daughter to it anyway as it's a 12 (fcuking prick). And also if you find it offensive then rather than dictating your views onto all of us try doing what most of us do if we find something offensive. AVOID IT!!! mind you this is the same muppet who wants to basically censor everything and wants the BBFC to rate video games (probably so he can disagree with them over that as well so he can create the KVFC). If you live in this persons constituancy please, please, please, do not vote for him. A vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party would be more sane.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 12:33 15th August 2008
Yesterday evening I went for a walk through the park and had some girls shout at me. One of them grabbed hold of me and the other hit me (not very hard). I continued to walk for a while and they (and some boys) started following whilst continuing to shout.

I stopped and asked them if they were messing about or if they wanted something. Two boys walked past me and asked where i was from. Anyone know why someone might want to know where I'm from? Maybe these people were from Clifton which is were the park is located and didn't want us nice people from Wickersley invading.

I ran away (very fast) but I tripped up, grazed my elbow and both knees which caused my expensive jeans to rip. Whilst I was on the floor I had my head and back kicked several times. Then after they finished, one of the guys there picked my glasses up off the floor and handed them back to me.

Some people are very odd. The police are coming to see me tommorow morning.

That's todays rant.
[Reply]
Buleste 12:47 15th August 2008
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. The one who handed you your glasses was probably the follower with a conscience and the others were just knobs. TBH after the case where a woman was killed by kids because she dressed like a Emo nothing in the world would surprise me anymore especially in the summertime. Unfortunately parks and other open spaces are the domains of feral kids at night and are to be avoided. Hope the police catch the little thugs but i doubt it.
[Reply]
Sharingan 16:19 15th August 2008
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
Some people are very odd. The police are coming to see me tommorow morning.

That's todays rant.

Eh ... they just started beating up on you for no reason whatsoever?

What a strange world we live in.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 16:25 15th August 2008
In the words of Norris McWhirter...

Originally Posted by :
String 'em up. It's the only language they understand!

[Reply]
Tags:Array
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16
Up