Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Thread: Random Rants
Stephen Coates 12:35 29th December 2018
No need to worry, I had to go and pay them £2 this morning for a Christmas card someone sent to my grandmother without a stamp.
[Reply]
J T 02:00 3rd January 2019
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I sent a letter to a public sector organisation whom I consider 'unreliable'. They insist that they didn't receive it, so I filled in the lost mail claim form on Royal Mail's website to claim back the 58p that I spent on the 2nd Class stamp to send said letter.

I wonder if they'll cough up.
Ha ha, love it
[Reply]
Kin Hell 06:22 6th January 2019
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
No need to worry, I had to go and pay them £2 this morning for a Christmas card someone sent to my grandmother without a stamp.

[Reply]
Stephen Coates 08:01 16th January 2019
Has anyone seen those stupid adverts from the army trying to recruit 'phone zombies' and 'snowflakes' etc?

I saw some in Sheffield yesterday. Someone had modified the posters from 'Your Army needs you' to 'Your Army will kill you' and 'Your Army will rape you'.

But regarding the adverts in general, do we really want to rely on someone faffing about with a cell phone to protect us when other countries are dropping bombs on us?
[Reply]
Harrison 11:20 16th January 2019
Many wars are not on the ground any longer, but online. We therefore need alternative methods to locate and combat threats.

But we do still need a real army it's true. I think the adverts were a tongue in cheek attempt to suggest they should give up wasting their time on their phones and social media, and join the army instead.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 14:26 31st January 2019
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Many wars are not on the ground any longer, but online. We therefore need alternative methods to locate and combat threats.

But we do still need a real army it's true. I think the adverts were a tongue in cheek attempt to suggest they should give up wasting their time on their phones and social media, and join the army instead.
(Rant On)

You're almost there Harrison..... Pah @ Brexit dammit....

Our Ace was No Deal, never mind "No Deal" from the start.....

@ All Parliamentarians... Stop fighting over the scraps we never actually had the right to vote "In" for, ....back in 1977. - We voted to get out almost two years ago.... No more delays, Just get out. - Instill National Service to all School leavers, learn a Trade & lets all make Great Britain "Great" again.

Meantime, I'll get my AK47 out in CS:S & head-shot every last one of ya. - You know you Love it!

(Rant Off)
[Reply]
Harrison 21:29 2nd February 2019
(Political Brexit rant warning)

The hilarious thing is how much the EU have completely contradicted themselves this week now that the threat of no deal is starring them in the face.

First the threat that we will still have to pay £39 Billion if we leave with no deal. Really? How are they going to enforce that then? The EU army they all ensured us two years ago was never gong to happen? But according to both Macron and Merkel is now suddenly coming along nicely.

Or how about now if there is no deal the EU have technology and other means to track movement within Ireland so there will be no need for a hard border with NI! Really? Only last week they said there was no solution to the NI border other than the backstop stitchup, or a hard border.

And now with no deal businesses won't need to worry about border queues at the French or UK borders as they will be able to function as before.

And finally UK citizens will be able to travel to the EU without a visa.

Wow! So that nearly dismisses every scaremongering remainer argument they ever use to argue Brexit should be reversed.

And therefore what's the issue? We leave with no deal and can enjoy visa free travel, frictionless borders, no need for a hard NI border etc.. great, no deal it is then!

But what are our joke of a parliament still trying to do? Push through May's remainer stitchup deal to lock us forever into the EU without any say in our future relationship.

(End of rant)
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 19:24 6th February 2019
I just came back from a short holiday to find a card from Hermes lodged in the door, stating 'Parcel in green bin'. I looked in my green bin, and indeed there was a parcel there.

Its addressed to our address, but to someone whom we've never heard of. Any idea what I should do with it? If I'd been in when the courier called I could have refused it. I can't really drop it back in the post like I could if it was Royal Mail.

Fortunately though there is a return address on the parcel, so I could contact the sender.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:54 11th February 2019
What company is it from? You could contact them directly to report it was addressed wrongly. It's their responsibility to come and collect it as it's their mistake. There might also be a packing slip inside with the right address?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 17:44 11th February 2019
There was no indication as to the intended recipient. I think it was from a private individual.

I sent it by parcelforce back to the stated return address, complete with an invoice for the postage cost.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Up