Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35
Thread: Random Rants
Harrison 00:44 15th April 2013
Now that I have my son and look after him full time in the daytime I don't get as much time as I would like to devote to adding new threads to the forum to help create some new interest and get everyone posting.

It would be great if others could help with this and think up some interesting retro threads, and to post some threads about new things in both the retro world and the current gaming one.
[Reply]
Tiago 12:02 15th April 2013
well, i have a magazine here in Portugal that takes my free time. After my main work, i have to review games, set press releases, organize work, deliver work to other, i don't have much time, i came here in some free minutes during main work
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 17:45 3rd June 2013
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I'm guessing because a lot of people don't understand the differences between various ways of inputting into a browser. My parents get confused between the address bar and the search bar in browsers f.ex.
I recently had someone do a Bing search for Google, then perform a search for a fairly obvious site in Google

Anyway, todays rant:

I was in Marks and Spencers the other day. Since I had a handful of items, I decided I would go to the manned till, since I find the self service tills awkward for anything more than a couple of items. Problem is, the manned tills and the self service tills share the same queue.

There were about 4 old ladies who tried to get me to go to the self service tills just so they could push in front!
[Reply]
Harrison 02:13 4th June 2013
The old people are the worst in supermarkets. Getting in your way around the store, and the clogging up all the checkouts with their "all the time in the world" slowness. Drives me mad. Why do they stop in completely stupid places that make it nearly impossible to get around them?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:23 4th June 2013
The old people are the worst in supermarkets.
That's totally true, but always blaming the younger ones!!

I ordered a new battery for my PSP slim, and I had to chose between 3rd party brands, or an original. Eventually I decided the 5x more expensive original, got it, tested it, and after charging for 3 hours, it still doesn't work. Booted up the PSP with the cable, battery information, it doesn't even show the battery. So I guess the battery is so old, that you cannot even charge it anymore, although it came wrapped in the original SONY package. Just wonder how long it has been lying around in the shop?
[Reply]
Harrison 10:51 4th June 2013
Does the battery have a manufactured date in it? Many do. But I've never had an issue with older batteries not charging, only batteries failing due to the amount of use. Might just be a faulty one. At least being new you can take it back.

And are you sure it's the battery, and the console can charge it ok?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:29 5th June 2013
I already send it back, they said they're gonna replace it.

The console charges my other battery just fine. Btw, I noticed that the battery was quite "bloated", so I guess it was due to age.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:30 5th June 2013
Are the PSP slim batteries completely different design to the original phat PSP? I'm still using the original battery that came with my US 1.5 phat PSP which must be pretty old now.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:14 10th June 2013
Yep, they're also slimmer.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 16:31 10th June 2013
The old people are the worst in supermarkets. Getting in your way around the store, and the clogging up all the checkouts with their "all the time in the world" slowness. Drives me mad. Why do they stop in completely stupid places that make it nearly impossible to get around them?
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
The old people are the worst in supermarkets.
That's totally true, but always blaming the younger ones!!

<snip>
I use to think the same, especially on Pension day in the Post Office. Swinging shopping bags & ranting "Move over, I'm a pensioner you know!"
Still, just remember that one day if the pair of you are lucky enough to be that old, (& I sincerely hope both of you do) you got it coming too.
The real shitter here is, ....I ain't far off already....
[Reply]
Tags:Array
15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35
Up