Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Original Competition Pro Joystick remade!
Harrison 15:48 9th January 2007
This is not the new USB version based on the classic Amiga joystick. This is actually an updated version of the classic Competition Pro Joystick for use on real Amigas and the Commodore 64!

Amiga kit currently have them in stock if you are interesting in getting one for the bargain price of just £8.65 inc. VAT.

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=610

They also have a new special edition of the USB version based on this classic joystick. It looks very stylish in a blue and silver colour scheme and is £13.49

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=314

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:25 9th January 2007
http://www.classicamiga.com/index.ph...ask=view&id=70
[Reply]
Harrison 17:26 9th January 2007
Yeah, I remember you posted news about the stick on the site. This is sort of an update that Amiga kit also have the stick in stock too, as well as mentioning the new special edition usb version which looks quite cool
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:48 9th January 2007
I prefer the original over the special edition, it's even more nostalgic ;-)
[Reply]
Harrison 17:51 9th January 2007
True. There is something special about the Black and red version. I still have an original version of that joystick too.

The Blue and silver one would be quite cool to use for other emulation such as MAME though.
[Reply]
cicobuff 23:10 9th January 2007
I remember reading about the re-release of these joysticks, great for us retro gamers with failing old skool joysticks saving our fingers getting burned with solder being able to buy new, now if only they would re-release the classic zipstik instead, personal preference I know but I for one preferred the Zipstik's slightly smaller size and fire button design.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:24 9th January 2007
Keep meaning to pick one up.
Joypads with the extra buttons are good for a lot of games but not all.
To play Sensi Soccer, you need a proper joystick.
The Comp Pro was always the best by a country mile.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:09 10th January 2007
Originally Posted by cicobuff:
now if only they would re-release the classic zipstik instead, personal preference I know but I for one preferred the Zipstik's slightly smaller size and fire button design.
Totally! I used to use a ZipStik in preference to the Comp Pro with the Amiga. The stick's microswitches were not as stiff and the fire buttons were more clicky and precise.

Sadly when I tried to use my ZipStik recently I discovered the the right direction microswitch wasn't working properly and would only register if you really forced the stick to the right. That was sad.

I might take it apart and see if it can be fixed at some point as I have an Amiga to USB adaptor so wanted to use it with the PC for emulation. Instead I'm using the Comp Pro.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 00:12 10th January 2007
I have a Zipstick
I agree with you but funnily enough, it's bacause the Comp Pro is a bit stiffer that I prefer it.
Each to his own I suppose.
[Reply]
cicobuff 00:40 10th January 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Originally Posted by cicobuff:
now if only they would re-release the classic zipstik instead, personal preference I know but I for one preferred the Zipstik's slightly smaller size and fire button design.
Totally! I used to use a ZipStik in preference to the Comp Pro with the Amiga. The stick's microswitches were not as stiff and the fire buttons were more clicky and precise.

Sadly when I tried to use my ZipStik recently I discovered the the right direction microswitch wasn't working properly and would only register if you really forced the stick to the right. That was sad.

I might take it apart and see if it can be fixed at some point as I have an Amiga to USB adaptor so wanted to use it with the PC for emulation. Instead I'm using the Comp Pro.

Perhaps you could swap over the microswitch from one of the two fire buttons that you dont use depending whether you are right or clever like my wife and left handed instead lol
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up