Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Moon Landing hoax
Tiago 15:45 17th December 2007
Do you think that man really was on the moon?
first thought we will say yes, but... there is so many strange facts about it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_...ax_accusations
[Reply]
Buleste 15:55 17th December 2007
It goes to show that if you have enough time on your hands then you can disprove anything even up to the point of if we exist or not. The argument that the technology was insufficiant falls flat as humanity has managed to do many thing without the slightest of scientific understanding of how they work until much later (powered flight for example). The rest is just enough to keep people paranoid just enough to miss the real actions of their government. Also don't forget that most of all conspiracy theorists are American, a nation of borderline psychopaths.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:55 17th December 2007
Who knows. Everything ever done by the USA has been followed by many conspiracy theories. I would like to believe they did actually go to the moon. After all, what is really the point in lying? Well OK there was a good reason. The space race between the USA and USSR. But later Russia admitted they had no real interest in getting to the moon as they knew there wasn't much there.
[Reply]
Teho 15:55 17th December 2007
No, there's no strange facts. Just strange physics.

Saw the documentary a while ago. Basically disproved everything, using mostly examples you can copy yourself if you didn't believe it. Flag is too light to unfold from it's own weight on the moon, you can't see stars if there is a brighter lightsource present ie the moon's surface. Same reason you can't see stars here when the sun is up.

Conspiracy nuts, people with way too much time on their hands in my opinion.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:05 17th December 2007
Just remember that since the '70's US military intelligence worked on the idea that if they cannot find the secret technology of the enemy that prooves it exists. This is a mentality that has crept down to all americans and has led to the state of the world today. A little distrust of politicians and government is fine, anything else is madness.
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:22 17th December 2007
This is the same as that Fox documentary that was on C5 a few years back right?

I personally found it a load of rubbish, and I believe man has been on the moon. It just happens that I watched a programme on the moon on BBC Four last night, and it showed scientists investigating rock samples retrieved from the moon during an Apollo mission, which they described as being unlike anything on earth and formed in a totally different way - I find it hard to believe that they could keep the secret amongst a larger group than just those involved in the Apollo mission themselves (still a very large number) without someone coming out and saying something.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:00 17th December 2007
I love this bit: "One of the earthrise photos. The Flat Earth Society used these photos as evidence of a faked landing, since they show a spherical Earth." Damn I wanna shoot those people.....
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 10:17 18th December 2007
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Also don't forget that most of all conspiracy theorists are American, a nation of borderline psychopaths.
I don't dispute this quote.
So how could such a nation get themselves normal for long enough to do something like land on the moon in that day and age?

Originally Posted by Submeg:
I love this bit: "One of the earthrise photos. The Flat Earth Society used these photos as evidence of a faked landing, since they show a spherical Earth." Damn I wanna shoot those people.....
Brilliant.
Using one conspiracy theory to disprove another.
Now that's what I call commitment to the cause.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 17:56 19th January 2008
They didn't get to the moon, after all it is made of cheese (Wendsleydale, to be precise)
[Reply]
AlexJ 19:27 19th January 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
They didn't get to the moon, after all it is made of cheese (Wendsleydale, to be precise)
IIRC they decided it wasn't Wendsleydale.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up