Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Christmas presents on ebay
Harrison 02:28 15th December 2007
Have any of you been buying your Christmas presents on ebay this year?

I've managed to grab a few bargains. I just hope my girlfriend isn't naughty and looks at my ebay account to find out what I've bought her! She did promise not too, but I know her only too well and it could prove too much of a temptation.

So far I've managed to get two items for her that I know she really wanted.

I would say what they are, but she might peek at the forum and read this thread. She does like to spy on the forum from time to time I've discovered! Hmm...

I just hope they both turn up before Christmas. Or that's me dead!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 09:42 15th December 2007
I havn't bought anything for anyone else, but I did buy myself a new pair of Jeans from an ebay shop for £39.99 (why do they cost so much?), but I don't know what they would cost in a normal shop.

I'll probably buy myself some more stuff for myself on ebay over christmas, but I don't know what.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 14:21 15th December 2007
Haven't bought anything through eBay or QXL for Christmas, but have been into a lot of different shops downtown. Have managed to purchase most of the presents, but I still have a few left.
[Reply]
AlexJ 14:39 16th December 2007
I've done the opposite and flogged a few unwanted gifts from last year that I've never got round to using on eBay. Kinda goes against the point I guess, but frees up a bit of extra cash for present buying and they'll only stay at the bottom of the drawer otherwise.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:23 16th December 2007
I have, scored a coca cola glass bottle from 1989 in a cardboard truck package, only $20 AUD. Good bargain!

EDIT: The bottle is unopened
[Reply]
Harrison 12:17 17th December 2007
Some things new and sealed can still be found much cheaper on ebay than in stores. But you do still need to set yourself a limit otherwise you can suddenly find yourself paying than than something was originally in stores.

The only annoying thing with ebay these days is how many sellers are actually based in Hong Kong, but are selling as UK sellers. I think ebay should do something about that.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:35 17th December 2007
I bought myself a brand new Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for £3.99 from Hong Kong (£8.99 P&P so £12.98 in total) which if it arrives will be a bit of a bargain. Notice the if though.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:43 17th December 2007
I have bought two items from Hong Kong sellers in the past month. One has already arrived and took just over a week. The other I purchased on 30th November, and it hasn't arrived yet. I hope it does as it is a Christmas present.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 16:00 17th December 2007
I havn't bought anything from Hong Kong/China, nor do I intend to. I would rather buy it from someone in England (or Europe), even if it does cost more.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:22 17th December 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I have bought two items from Hong Kong sellers in the past month. One has already arrived and took just over a week. The other I purchased on 30th November, and it hasn't arrived yet. I hope it does as it is a Christmas present.
I bought mine on the 30th Nov as well. Lets see who's comes first.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up