Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: what is the most beautiful car ever?
toomanymikes 16:32 28th December 2007
I love british and european sports cars such as the lotus esprit turbo and the lambourghini diablo but i have a real soft spot for older american muscle cars. The shelby mustang is outclassed by the cobra - supposedly the reason we have a max speed limit in this country!
[Reply]
Harrison 16:47 28th December 2007
Indeed. When the first motorway was opened in the UK it had no speed limit, but then the police caught a Cobra doing a ridiculous speed on it so added the speed restrictions.

Sadly I also read recently that Germany are going to be adding speed limits to their Autobahns soon too.
[Reply]
Submeg 18:39 28th December 2007
Really? Damn it!
[Reply]
Sharingan 20:45 28th December 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Sadly I also read recently that Germany are going to be adding speed limits to their Autobahns soon too.
Darn. And here I was enjoying cruising along the 'Bahns at 220+ km/h. Seriously, how do they expect people to get around a large country like that at 100 km/h max? It'd take ages to get anywhere. Plus, is there any statistical proof that a speed limit of 100 km/h leads to less incidents compared to a limit of, say, 160 km/h?
[Reply]
Harrison 22:36 28th December 2007
It is the stupid manoeuvres that motorists make, along with a lack of observation or basic car control that cause accidents, not generally speed. People changing lanes without indicating, driving in the middle lane of the motorway without anything in the inside lane. Not knowing which lane to use or when to indicate at a roundabout, how to use a junction etc...

But even worse is how so many people don't seem to know how to drive when the weather is bad. So many people drive in very bad visibility without their fog lights on. They think it is only when there is fog, but this week the rain here has been very bad, combined with very strong winds, and on the motorways the visibility was down to about 2 car lengths so rear fog lights were essential. Some of the drivers didn't even have their normal lights on!
[Reply]
Andrew1971 11:16 17th January 2012
My favorite car is the classic Mini. whats even better is seeing the looks of other car drivers faces when you pass them doing 100mph. wheels were not balanced properly would have gone faster.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:34 17th January 2012
The classic Mini Cooper S was a great little car. It was the car I wanted before I could drive. Sadly with insurance I ended up with a Metro! hmm.. horrible car that was.

A couple of cars I really like more recently than my last post here have been:

Ferrari California (2010)
http://www.ferrari.com/English/GT_Sp...alifornia.aspx

6022.jpg

Maserati Gran Turismo.
800px-Maserati_GranTurismo_front_20071104.jpg

Amazing looking cars. I got to look around and sit in both at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed and so wished I were a millionaire.
[Reply]
Andrew1971 14:47 17th January 2012
I also ended up with metro for me first car, that was a little freaky was very reliable when i passed me test and for ten days after it died and so did dad.
After seeing those cars did you have to wipe up your Drool after wards
Many Thanks
Andrew1971
[Reply]
Harrison 15:45 17th January 2012
I had to wipe the drool up all day!.. the number of amazing cars all in one place is amazing. I go nearly every year as it is only 1 mile from home and is such a great event. Have you ever been?

Wasn't intending to go last year but was handed free tickets, courtesy of Peugeot, so couldn't turn that down.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up