Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Classicamiga featured in Hype!
Harrison 03:09 8th December 2007

I'm very happy to announce that classicamiga.com had a featured mention in the November 2007 issue of the Portuguese Retro Gaming magazine, Hype!

A big thank you goes to Tiago for this. He contacted the magazine directly to tell them about classicamiga and due to this they then ran an Amiga article featuring classicamiga in a bold box on the page. Great work Tiago!

You can view the full article and the classicamiga mention on the main site in the news section here. Tiago has also been kind enough to provide a translated version of the text for those of us not fluent in Portuguese.

"The flame of Amiga is still alive thankfully to online websites and clubs. Of of these most active communities is Classicamiga promoted in Portugal by the reader Tiago Dias. beyond the forum, people can find tips/suggestions about emulation of games in PC, The installation of memories and hard drives and even tips about shopping of 2nd hand items on internet. Analyses to classic titles and other less known complete the offer. www.classicamiga.com"

[Reply]
Teho 04:22 8th December 2007
Now that is cool! Well done!
[Reply]
Submeg 05:03 8th December 2007
wow that is really cool! repsect to Tiago!
[Reply]
Puni/Void 07:42 8th December 2007
That's excellent news! Thanks Tiago for promoting the site! I became very happy when I saw this.
[Reply]
Ghost 08:08 8th December 2007
So now we are going to be overrun by people from Portugal?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:30 8th December 2007
Sounds good.

I laughed at 'The installation of memories and hard drives'. At first the memories bit sounds like, memories of using Amigas, rather than things like flash memory.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 11:42 8th December 2007
kudos to tiago!
[Reply]
AlexJ 12:11 8th December 2007
Very cool. A thought, not sure how possible it is to implement - could we have multiple languages on Classicamiga? Not for everything, the news, reviews, guides etc. would still mostly be in English but perhaps the fields could be on the games & demo pages for example. So where possible it would show in the user's local language and if not it would be in English?
[Reply]
Harrison 13:12 8th December 2007
It is fully possible to implement multi language support, but it requires making a language template file for each language supported, which will be a lot of work and a lot of time to implement.

This is something we could look into later once more of the site sections are complete and working. For the moment I want to instead concentrate on the actual site content.
[Reply]
Buleste 14:07 8th December 2007
Tiago for Promoter of the month.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up