Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Is FEAR Perseus Mandate worth it?
Ghost 22:25 4th December 2007
Hello all,

Last month the latest FEAR Expansion/Stand Alone game Perseus Mandate was released for the PC, and together with Extraction Point as FEAR files for the Xbox360.

I have always liked FPS games with a somewhat sci-fi nature and storyline and I have purchased FEAR and FEAR Extraction Point in the past.
Unfortunate I could not completely enjoy these games because my PC is not up to the task but I want to play them properly once I have a new PC (without slow downs).

While the games look pretty nice, even now (I don't care that professional reviewers now claim that all FPS should look like Crysis and Call of Duty 4) I found the background rather static and somewhat dull.
The storyline also wasn't always as strong and for some reason most of the characters curse a lot in the game.

Still I am considering of getting Project Origin next year and I am now also very curious about Perseus Mandate.

For those who do not know this game, Perseus Mandate is a sort of expansion to FEAR but a stand alone game on its own.
The story takes place from a second FEAR team that is dropped into action halfway during the events of the original FEAR and later during Extraction Point.

Opinions about this game are rather divided, some reviewers like it while other reviewers give you the message that you could better wait until its in the bargain bin.

Is there anyone on the forum who has played it and could tell me of his experiences?

PS, yes, I am also planning to get Crysis but it will have to wait until I have my new PC, by that time it will probably also be more cheaper.

I just checked Amazon on Crysis and some of the people there are really negative about it, and I am not talking about the system demands, but the game itself too.

I feel rather ashamed now, I bought this game for a friend of mine in the USA for Christmas and what I might be sending him might not be such a great game experience after all, even if he can run it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up