Thread: A bear named mohammed
Sharingan 13:30 1st December 2007
Originally Posted by FOL:
The Worlds Gone MohamMad,
fixed
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:45 1st December 2007
Two questions:

1. What happened to the bear? Was it executed? public stoning? renamed? or adopted by Madonna and taken to a safe country?

2. If the bear being called Mohammad is an affront to their beliefs (the false idol & naming of things after a divine presence gubbins), how could someone get away with naming their child Mohammad. The very child that the bear was named after as he was the most popular boy in the class!!!

It beggars belief sometimes, this crazy world we live in.
[Reply]
Ghost 20:56 1st December 2007
Ah, another chapter of religious extremism, and of course its about something that would normally be just a small matter but is blown to epic proportions because some religious nutcake feels that his 'honor/belief/fill in your own reason' are violated by those who think different or aren't as extreme, clearly the evidence that Satan/Devil/Whatyoucallit does exist and has created these vile beings.

Of course God approves that you torture or kill them because 'hey, God is on your side', your religion says so, and what can be more truthfull than a book that has been written thousands of years ago by someone history isn't clear about truly existed, and has be reinterpreted and rewritten by all kinds of people who either didn't completely understood the original written language or felt that they had to leave some mark on it of their own.

I wonder sometimes, perhaps Tolerance is not the way...
[Reply]
J T 22:20 2nd December 2007
These flag-burning stoning-demanding nutters are doing so much damage to the image of all the peaceful decent sorts that just so happen to share the same religion. And the media over here and all their agenda-pushing sensationalism is just as bad at inflaming tensions and trying to provoke unrest. It's a lose-lose situation all round and it is very saddening.

That being said, calling for punishment over naming a bear is ludicrous. It's not the middle ages anymore. I've heard it said that Sudan are trying to give 'the west' a bloody nose..... ****ing idiots.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:30 2nd December 2007
The sad thing about all this is I wasn't even surprised.
I think in the poorer countries where the majority of the population are uneducated, it is the middle ages.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:37 2nd December 2007
Very true. Witch hunts for those denouncing their religious idols.

And in some it is even further back than that. If you look at some of the tribes living in African countries they are still trying to survive in the same way as they did thousands of years ago, except that since outside religions was imposed upon them things have slowing spiralled downwards and got worse.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up