Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
View Poll Results: What programming languages do you know?
C Varients 5 38.46%
Amiga Basic 2 15.38%
GFA basic 0 0%
Amos 5 38.46%
Blitz Basic 4 30.77%
Assembler 2 15.38%
QBasic 1 7.69%
Visual Basic 3 23.08%
Fortran 2 15.38%
Ada 1 7.69%
Delphi 1 7.69%
Pascal 3 23.08%
Java 3 23.08%
Cobol 4 30.77%
Other (Please Say) 7 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. This poll is closed
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: What programming languages do you know?
StuKeith 11:19 29th November 2007
I learnt BBC basic 1st at school on the Archimedes and then went to Amos and Blitz on the Amiga. This followed by Qbasic and VB on the PC with small amounts of Delphi thrown in for good measure!!
[Reply]
Buleste 11:23 29th November 2007
MSX Basic, C64 Basic, C and C++. Toyed with AMOS and Blitz basic adn then stuck to Punch basic (If somthing doesn't work then basically punch it).
[Reply]
Tiago 11:23 29th November 2007
I work with COBOL,

Ok i now, old-fashion, bla bla bla bla
but hey, more then 90% of world banks still use it in their mainframes....
[Reply]
Harrison 14:15 29th November 2007
We had a similar thread to this recently, but without a poll. Anyway...

I selected AMOS and Amiga Basic but never really did that much with them, just playing around really, but it was fun. And I know some VBA which I sometimes use for automating tasks in Excel and when I used to develop multimedia presentations for mobile devices, but not much more beyond that.

I also tried HiSoft Basic on the Amiga and a multimedia language called Helm.

But none of the programming languages I know properly were listed.

For online development I know XHTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL, as well as some JavaScript. And for multimedia and presentation development I know Flash Actionscript 2 (version 3 is out now but I've not learnt that yet), and Macromedia Director Lingo which I know quite extensively and use for Director presentations and multimedia work. I also know some MaxScript which is used to automate tasks in 3DSMAX.
[Reply]
AlexJ 14:24 29th November 2007
Used to use Blitz Basic on the PC a lot. Currently use Java and C quite a bit and have used various assemblers (although not 68k Amiga stuff).
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:31 29th November 2007
I did 2 years of Turbo Pascal in school, and 1 year of Assembler, but that was on a 8080 processor, long time ago.

At work I began with Cobol, but only because in my first two exams I had Cobol as subject. Nowadays, meaning the last 6-8 years I only do REXX at work, as that is the main language to program something working for the software on the mainframe. Also use JCL at work, but barely, and JCL isn't a "programming" language, it's more to control programs/procedures/jobs, thus Job Control Language.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:51 29th November 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I did 2 years of Turbo Pascal in school, and 1 year of Assembler, but that was on a 8080 processor, long time ago.

At work I began with Cobol, but only because in my first two exams I had Cobol as subject. Nowadays, meaning the last 6-8 years I only do REXX at work, as that is the main language to program something working for the software on the mainframe. Also use JCL at work, but barely, and JCL isn't a "programming" language, it's more to control programs/procedures/jobs, thus Job Control Language.
I also work with JCL
we talked about his some time ago... yes we did
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 17:26 29th November 2007
Still only a bit of BBC BASIC.

I don't think I have actually gone any further through the BBC BASIC book since we last talked about this, but I have bought a book about using BBC BASIC to get readings from it's analogue port (for things like light and temperature sensors)
[Reply]
Sharingan 19:24 29th November 2007
If programming the microwave oven to heat up last evening's leftovers counts, then yeah, I know a programming language!

Otherwise, my knowledge of programming is exactly zip, zero, zilch, nada. I was never interested in writing code, even though I was a total computer geek. Big respect to people who can, though. All that hocus pocus sounds mighty complicated to me.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:03 29th November 2007
I stuffed up the voting Yes I am mentally challenged....

- C
- Java
- Assembler
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up