Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: It came from..........save problems!!
Krenzathal 13:00 24th November 2007
Hi there!

I was an avid Amiga user back in the day in my very early teens and one of my favorite games was the classic 'It Came From The Desert' and it's sequel.

I've started playing the game again on winuae and it's just as addictive as ever, but it's crashed a few times which I think is just down to a faulty .adf file. No probs there I'll just get another set.

The problem is when I go to save a game it says "Please enter disc labeled DSAVE into any drive"

I'm stuck for what to do as there is no DSAVE.adf file anywhere and cannot save my game.

Is there somewhere I can download this, or even create one?

Please help, I'm having such good fun with the game, it's annoying re-treading from the start every time I play the game!

Any info will help,

Thanks
[Reply]
Submeg 13:20 24th November 2007
Hi Krenzathal! Hmm...I have played it before (a while ago mind you) and I dont remember having any issues. Did you download the adf's from the Cinemaware site? Have you tried running it from the HD in Workbench? I also have a PC version...

The forementioned versions are attached.

Welcome to the forums!!
Attached: CW_Itcame_Amiga.zip (1.61 MB) CW_ItCame_PC.zip (1.47 MB)
[Reply]
Krenzathal 13:27 24th November 2007
Hey thanks so much for the (really quick) reply!

The game was just one in a big bundle that my brother gave me on a CD one day. I dunno where he got them from but it probably wasnt the CW site.

I'll give the game a bash and see how I get on with saving!

Thanks so much once again, it's great to be back in Amigaland!
[Reply]
Sharingan 13:31 24th November 2007
Welcome to the CA forums. I hope Sub's help will solve your problem. Feel free to drop by again for a chat.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 15:53 24th November 2007
Yes, welcome, we are a peaceful bunch...

...mostly!!!
[Reply]
Krenzathal 15:57 24th November 2007
Hey thanks for all the replys and warm welcomes!

I tried that version of ICFTD but I seem to have the same problem with it as in when I save a game it asks me to insert a disc called DSAVE.

Totally stumped!
[Reply]
Tiago 17:52 24th November 2007
Welcome to Classicamiga !!!
[Reply]
AlexJ 18:40 24th November 2007
You could try creating an .adf file in WinUAE (in the menu under "Floppy drives" change the disk label from empty to DSAVE and click "Create Standard Disk").

EDIT: Actually to save you creating one, try the one I've attached.
Attached: DSAVE.adf (880.0 KB)
[Reply]
Buleste 19:01 24th November 2007
Welcome to the madness and stupidity that is ClassicAmiga forum.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:24 24th November 2007
Speak for yourself Buleste
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up