Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: soccer - Euro cup - England
J T 09:06 26th November 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I think that is also due to the english sticking to their very old and obsolete kick'n rush football style. Gameplay in football has changed a lot since 1970, and it's also time for the english national team to switch tactics. If you look in the english league, the only teams that play on top, are those with 80% foreign players who play another kind/style of football.
Yes! Lumping it up to the big guy is very rarely going to pay off in international football. Especially when our 6'7 striker isn't actually all that good in the air, and even when he did knock it down during our vital last match there was no one to play off it.

I never wanted McClaren as a manager, and I don't revel in someone losing their job but I'm not sad to see him go.
[Reply]
Submeg 11:48 26th November 2007
Originally Posted by Buleste:
No Submeg. Australia are good at swimming, cricket, tying kangeroos down and a whole lot of other sports. So please give the English, who invented most of the sports you lot are good at, a chance of winning. Apart from Rugby Union where we all ready won.
Oooooh harsh. Yea well it's pretty obvious why....considering you sent all the convicts out here, they didnt have anything better to do with their time so they started playing sports. Maybe you should let your criminals roam the countryside perhaps?
[Reply]
Buleste 12:02 26th November 2007
We do. Unfortunatly as modern sports require athletic and mostly drug free sports people the convicts are no good. I think it's more the fact Australia is mostly warm with good weather so people want to be outside where as in Britain it's too cold and wet all year round but not cold enough to be good at winter sports. we're good at darts though.

And snooker and other drinking related "sports".
[Reply]
Submeg 12:04 26th November 2007
Lol, Im pretty sure we are only good at the "drinking" part
[Reply]
Sharingan 12:54 26th November 2007
There does seem to be some correlation between a country's climate and the sports they're good at.

I mean, Russia is very cold, so all the people there are sitting inside playing chess. Hence, there's tons of ace chess players from Russia.
[Reply]
Tiago 16:53 26th November 2007
Sure that is a correlation Sharingan ! Here in Portugal we have good weather, so we are very good in laying down on the beach taking sun.
I am sure we are the best in Europe in laying down and doing absolutely nothing.

I can do that every saturday in the summer (beach only at 5 minutes).
haaaaa, so goo, laying down, and do .... nothing.... just the sun, and the ocean sounds.... we stop only to get a beer ......

This is my favorite sport.... you can call it beaching... in Pt is (práiar)
[Reply]
Buleste 16:55 26th November 2007
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Sure that is a correlation Sharingan ! Here in Portugal we have good weather, so we are very good in laying down on the beach taking sun.
I am sure we are the best in Europe in laying down and doing absolutely nothing.

I can do that every saturday in the summer (beach only at 5 minutes).
haaaaa, so goo, laying down, and do .... nothing.... just the sun, and the ocean sounds.... we stop only to get a beer ......

This is my favorite sport.... you can call it beaching... in Pt is (práiar)
This quote was bought to you by "How to win friends and influence people in cold climates." by Tiago.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:05 26th November 2007

[Reply]
v85rawdeal 16:41 28th November 2007
Originally Posted by Buleste:
No Submeg. Australia are good at swimming, cricket, tying kangeroos down and a whole lot of other sports. So please give the English, who invented most of the sports you lot are good at, a chance of winning. Apart from Rugby Union where we all ready won.
Not to mention that we invented Australia!!!
[Reply]
Buleste 16:52 28th November 2007
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
Not to mention that we invented Australia!!!
We don't like to talk about that. We may as well admit we created America in that case.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up