Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Oldskool Uk plan Amibench replacement
Submeg 12:52 26th November 2007
Hey Merlin, yea well that's cool that you will branch out into all things retro I will help spread the word, let me know when you have a banner for your site and I will stick it on my myspace....I get about 20 hits a day in my blog, so I'm sure you'll get some traffic Yea the recycle bin is cool
[Reply]
Harrison 15:56 26th November 2007
I just had a quick look at it's starting to look good already. My only concern is that you are using phpBB to run it as it is very insecure forum software and easy for people who know to hack into accounts etc...

But with enough moderators it should be possible to keep on top of any such breaches. I hope it takes off and starts to become popular.

And when you have a final banner advert available for the site please let me know as I think setting up an affiliation between classicamiga and amibay would really help amibay take off. Especially as I would like to feature it on the homepage of classicamiga once it is fully finished and up and running.
[Reply]
Merlin 19:49 26th November 2007
Thanks for the offers guys, we will take any help we can get...

Feel free to pop over to OldSkool UK and add ideas and suggestions in the Amibay thread, it's for the community so everyone has a shout.

Cheers

Merlin
[Reply]
Puni/Void 20:36 30th November 2007
Sounds like an interesting project, Merlin. Best of luck!
[Reply]
DaZZaBoY 15:01 1st December 2007
Due to database problems on the Amibay site, we've unfortuantely had to perform a roll back and have lost a few member accounts in the process.

Most of the gremlins have now been sorted and we'd just like to ask all those peeps that have pre-registered on the site recently, to hop on over and sign up again.

Sorry for the inconvenience - normal service will now be resumed.
[Reply]
Merlin 22:28 1st December 2007
As Dazza says, the bugs appear to have been eliminated and the site is running a LOT faster, logins are stable too.

The first posters are advertising, it appears we are up and running.....

Merlin
[Reply]
Submeg 23:58 1st December 2007
Nice work
[Reply]
Harrison 00:43 3rd December 2007
Great to hear. I will pop over this coming weekend and have a proper look around, and register.

Great work and I hope it takes off and does well
[Reply]
Merlin 20:02 5th December 2007
@ Harrison

Your Amibayer status has been granted, enjoy....

@ Submeg

Please contact Sarek or Zetr0 at Amibay regarding the banner you were looking for, we have a new shiny logo you may like .

Everyone at Classicamiga is welcome at Amibay.

Cheers

Merlin
[Reply]
Submeg 21:40 5th December 2007
Hey Merlin, just tried to get on....its taking me to www.guildeserver.co.uk....
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up