Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Note to self:
J T 17:09 22nd November 2007
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Originally Posted by Harrison:
That is quite mad, to be able to actually measure your distance from death!

He now knows how LONG he has to live!
Right thats it, i'm calling for a ban on bad Puns.
Yeah, there have been some real shockers in this topic.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 19:54 22nd November 2007
Not quite an electric shock but my teacher wanted me to touch the end of some massive capacitors to check to check that they weren't charged. I knew they wouldn't have been charged, but they are big, and you never know, so I was a little hesitant to touch it.

He did then go on to demonstrate charging a 65000 microfarad capacitor with 30volts and then shorting the two terminals together. There was a very large spark and a bang. He did touch the terminals with his finger but that wasn't a good enough conductor. Then he got a smaller 100microfarad capacitor and connected it the wrong way round to demonstrate how they blow up. Luckily he put it in a cardboard box as there was a very loud bang and lots of smoke.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 21:30 22nd November 2007
Some of the jokes on here make my hair stand on end!
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 21:49 22nd November 2007
Watt a carry one. If this continues, I suggest we all re-volt!
[Reply]
Submeg 21:51 22nd November 2007
GAH! You people are ridiculous! Seriously, you have sucked all the juice from this topic, there are no more crispy one liners to crack you all up. A shame that
[Reply]
Teho 21:58 22nd November 2007
All these bad electricity puns remind me of the endscroller of Andromeda's demo Sequential. It featured a tiny story called "the sex-life of an electron". It was full of the worst puns imaginable, "blowing eachother's fuse" and the like. Will see if I can dig the text up from somewhere.

Edit: Ah yes, here we go:

Originally Posted by :
The Sex Life Of An Electron

One night, when his charge was pretty high, Micro Farad decided to seek out a cute little coil to let him discharge. He picked up Millie Amp and took her for a ride on his megacycle.

They rode across the Wheatstone bridge, around the sine wave, and stopped in the magnetic field, by a flowing current. Micro Farad, attracted by Millie Amp's characteristic curves, soon had her fully charged and excited. Her resistance was at a minimum. He laid her on the ground potential, raised her frequency and lowered her resistance.

He pulled out his high voltage probe and inserted it into her socket, connecting them in paralell, and began short circuiting her resistance shunt. Fully excited Millie Amp mumbled "ohm ohm ohm". With his tube operating at a maximum, and her field vibrating with his current flow, it caused her shunt to overheat, and Micro Farad was drained of every electron.

They fluxed all night, trying various connections and sockets, until his magnet had a soft core and lost all its field strength.

With his battery fully discharged, Millie Amp was unable to excite Micro Farad's field, so she tried self-induction and damaged her solenoids.

Afterwards they spent the rest of the night reversing polarity and blowing each others fuse.

The end.

[Reply]
Harrison 23:16 22nd November 2007
That's great. Glad you remembered that one Teho.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:52 22nd November 2007
Damn that is so nerdy
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 06:57 25th November 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Originally Posted by Buleste:

I'm sure that there could be a money making opertunity in STATIC MAN. Even if there isn't it still must be fun going round to people and giving them a shock. And then using your powers over static electricity on them.
SORRY! I take that crown....I get shocked by plants, plastic bags, wood.....anything that doesnt conduct, I get shocked by it...trust me, getting shocked by a plant is just wrong I take five steps, and I have built up enough charge to shock someone. Must be my huge thighs rubbing together lol
That's not the image I wanted in my mind especially at this hour of the morning.

Cheers
[Reply]
Submeg 07:46 25th November 2007
Lol, my bad. It was meant purely as a joke, no bad mental pictures intended.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up