Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Note to self:
Submeg 09:24 22nd November 2007
Originally Posted by Buleste:

I'm sure that there could be a money making opertunity in STATIC MAN. Even if there isn't it still must be fun going round to people and giving them a shock. And then using your powers over static electricity on them.
SORRY! I take that crown....I get shocked by plants, plastic bags, wood.....anything that doesnt conduct, I get shocked by it...trust me, getting shocked by a plant is just wrong I take five steps, and I have built up enough charge to shock someone. Must be my huge thighs rubbing together lol
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 09:58 22nd November 2007
I am going to dedicate a song to you guys....

Gary Numan's "Are Friends Electric"!
[Reply]
Harrison 11:00 22nd November 2007
Originally Posted by FOL:
On this subject, i get shocks to, but static shocks, I cant go near a SONY piece of hifi or dvd, without it resetting. Even thought a DVD was faulty before realising my static charge was causing a micro reset, lmfao,
I hope you never get a job building computers!
[Reply]
Buleste 11:04 22nd November 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Originally Posted by FOL:
On this subject, i get shocks to, but static shocks, I cant go near a SONY piece of hifi or dvd, without it resetting. Even thought a DVD was faulty before realising my static charge was causing a micro reset, lmfao,
I hope you never get a job building computers!
Instead get a job at PC World.
[Reply]
Submeg 11:10 22nd November 2007
Oooooh! Harsh
[Reply]
Harrison 11:48 22nd November 2007
But Oh so true!

Man takes PC into PC World because it won't boot up. Real problem is that the OS has got screwed up and Windows needs reinstalling. Instead PC world convince him that the motherboard, harddrive and ram need to be replaced. Nice profit for them, plus they then have the old working components from the system to repair the next idiot who walks through the door!

Another great place for PC repairs is Currys. A guy I worked with, who had very limited computer knowledge, was given a PC from his son because he had upgraded. He had trouble getting it to work so for some strange and unfathomable reason he took it to Currys for them to look at. The conclusion, and these are the words they used, the "tower" is faulty and needs replacing, so he accepted this and bought a new one! So basically his son gave him a compete second-hand PC, and Currys then convinced him to buy a whole new PC, so all he actually was still using was the mouse, keyboard and monitor his son gave him. I don't think he ever did realise the "tower" was actually the whole computer. Mad!

So many gullible people out there. Why can't I ever meet them!
[Reply]
Buleste 11:53 22nd November 2007
So many gullible people out there. Why can't I ever meet them!
What do you think we are???
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:10 22nd November 2007
My dad was almost elctrocuted (tricuted - however you spell it...) when he was working at a sewerage plant. He was subcontracted out for a week to this place and was in the main fuse room measuring a wall opposite the fuse gear. Anyhoos, hes got his metal tape measure up the wall and it kinks in the middle and falls over his shoulder straight into the fuses, which some idiot had left cover caps off. The tape had a black burn up it 2.5m from its end where the electricity had went prior to the fuses blowing - he could actually measure how close he came to dieing!
[Reply]
Harrison 12:28 22nd November 2007
That is quite mad, to be able to actually measure your distance from death!

He now knows how LONG he has to live!
[Reply]
Buleste 13:08 22nd November 2007
That is quite mad, to be able to actually measure your distance from death!

He now knows how LONG he has to live!
Right thats it, i'm calling for a ban on bad Puns.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up