Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: TDK hard at work on 8-layer 200GB Blu-ray Disc
Harrison 22:13 20th November 2007
I just checked my installed games and on average most need 5-6GB of HD space to be fully installed. But a few are using 7-8GB, so games have already got quite big on average, but Blacksite is definitely the biggest I've seen to date.

Still, it isn't as bad as years ago. I remember when CD games had only been out a few years and my new PC had a huge (at the time) 12GB HD. I though I had tons of HD space until I started to install games on it. CD games required around 300MB at that time so it didn't take that many to eat into a 12GB drive. And most games at the time even had a minimum install option that would just install the bare essential files and leave other files such as music and movies on the disc. This meant you didn't use up as much HD space, but had to keep the disc in the drive while playing the game, which was annoying.
[Reply]
Sharingan 16:52 21st November 2007
Anyone remember a certain member of CA saying how a single DVD would be more than enough for anything?
[Reply]
Buleste 17:12 21st November 2007
I remeber when i thought 120MB of hard drive was large let alone 200GB of disk space.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:17 21st November 2007
I remember upgrading from 8-bit systems with audio tapes, to 16-bit systems with floppy disks. They seemed huge with their 720-880K sizes and it amazed me that you could see and access all the files at once, instead of waiting for a tape to get to the right spot.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:58 21st November 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Anyone remember a certain member of CA saying how a single DVD would be more than enough for anything?
Anyone remember what Bill Gates said? 64k, yes Bill, you're right mate.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up