Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Super Mario Galaxy
Harrison 12:26 19th November 2007
The Wii is definitely a great choice of console for you Steve because it is as much retro as it is current. Plus it has the great control system that means you get exercise at the same time!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 12:37 19th November 2007
It's remote control system is one things that seems quite interesting.
[Reply]
Sharingan 13:00 19th November 2007
I'm looking forward to playing this too. Might be enough of an incentive to buy a Wii as well ... even though I've enough games right now for the PSP/PS2/PS3 to last me two years!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:06 19th November 2007
I think that the only positive aspect of the Wii is its negative one. Can you follow, or should I explain?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:32 19th November 2007
I don't understand.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:15 19th November 2007
Well, in my opinion the Wii has only negative aspects, childish games, fiddly controller system, not really next gen, but more retro. And that is exactly what makes the console at least a bit interesting, so that way around, its negative aspects turn into positive.

Don't argue now and mention Zelda or Metroid Prime. I mean 75% of the games that are more childish. You can of course have another point of view, but I was never a fan of Mario or other Nintendo celebrities.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 15:26 19th November 2007
What exactly do you mean by 'next gen' and 'childish games'?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:33 19th November 2007
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
What exactly do you mean by 'next gen' and 'childish games'?
??? Next gen = PS3 & XBox360. Childish = Barney Bear goes Camping.
[Reply]
Sharingan 20:46 19th November 2007
That said, games like Wii Sports and Wii Play are quite fun when played with a bunch of friends. Sure is different from online multiplayer, where everything is more impersonal.

As for childish games ... well, there are some titles on the PS2/PS3 that could be called 'childish' (Ratchet series, Jak & Daxter series), but personally, I've enjoyed them quite a bit. It kind of depends on how much creativity has been poured into them. To me, a good game is a good game, even if the game's target audience isn't 16+.
[Reply]
AlexJ 21:15 19th November 2007
For me, a good game is a good game. I originally stayed clear of the Wii, seems as the only thing on there that everyone was on about was Wii Sports, which I got bored of after an hour. After reading about Mario Galaxy etc. it's starting to get tempting.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up