Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Terry Pratchett
Harrison 13:36 14th December 2007
I would definitely start with The Colour of Magic if I were you and work your way through the series in order. It's how I started and I think it was well worth it.

It is sad to learn that he has developed this condition, but it can take many years for it to start advancing so hopefully he still has many years of writing and enjoyment to go before it can't go on any longer. Plus he has already written a lot of books in the discworld series, so anyone just starting out with the first book has a lot of great books to read already.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:44 14th December 2007
Colour of Magic is in the post production phase of filming with David Jason playing Rincewind and Sean Astin playing Twoflower (As Twoflower is oriental, Why?).
There are many who upon reading some of his books might have argued that he had Alzhiemers years ago. But in all seriousness there is at least three more books to come out so we will be entertained for a while however Early Onset Alzhiemers does advance at a quicker rate than normal. I just hope he gets the full recognition he deserves as an author than he has at the moment.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:48 14th December 2007
Also I hope he gets the recognition he deserves while he is still able to enjoy and comprehend it. It would be sad for the world to acknowledge him after his condition has advanced, or after his passing, as is so often the case.
[Reply]
Sharingan 14:56 14th December 2007
Thanks for the tips guys.

I didn't really start reading much until I became sick this past year. I've since become sort of addicted to it - in many ways, books can be better than films. Sort of considering building up a bookcase now - should look spiffy next to all the DVDs and games!

And yeah, it's kind of frustrating to have to wait for George R.R. Martin with his Ice and Fire books. Supposedly, the guy is a perfectionist, so he often rewrites entire sections when he's not satisfied. I suppose it's a good thing he doesn't rush out his books, but then again, his age is sure to catch up with him some day, and it would be a real shame if he couldn't finish his life's work, just like Robert Jordan couldn't finish his.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 12:00 18th December 2007
George R R Martin certainly isn't as prolific as other authors, but his books are certainly worth the wait.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up