Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: When did you last use a VCR?
J T 08:58 16th November 2007
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
Isn't Pages from Ceefax music like lift music?
Yeah, it is just like that lift 'muzak'
[Reply]
Harrison 14:02 16th November 2007
Originally Posted by StuKeith:
I have over a decade of Formula 1 review videos that not on DVD.
You could always convert them over to DVD.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:50 17th November 2007
I last used a video the day before i got my PS2 many years ago - it was DVD for me from then on. Being a member of the MTV generation I like anything shiny and black tape just didnt cut it. In fact, I have to have flashing leds and speed metal on in the background just to get through this post without loosing attent....oohh look at the smiley faces...
[Reply]
FOL 22:54 21st November 2007
Bah, VCR FOREVER. Im a diehard, VCR's are so easy to operate, even the oldies can use em, give em a shiny new dvd recorder and bang, they are stumped. Format this, erase that, bah, VCR rules, .
[Reply]
StuKeith 14:04 22nd November 2007
Originally Posted by FOL:
Bah, VCR FOREVER. Im a diehard, VCR's are so easy to operate, even the oldies can use em, give em a shiny new dvd recorder and bang, they are stumped. Format this, erase that, bah, VCR rules, .
VCR? whats that? I still use betamax!
[Reply]
Harrison 14:16 22nd November 2007
Betamax. That's on my wish list for future upgrades. But currently I'm more than happy with my Philips V2000.
[Reply]
J T 17:14 22nd November 2007
Originally Posted by FOL:
My mum could never set the VCR, ever, even when we bought ones with proper on screen displays, videoplus and all that shit. Or maybe she just wouldn't, rather than couldn't.

Thank goodness for Sky+, she can use that alright!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 19:48 22nd November 2007
Luckily for me, my grandparents can use the VCR, but I would hate to think what they'd be like with a DVD recorder.

Although I probably wouldn't be much better.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:07 22nd November 2007
My parents can operate a VCR or and my mum can work her DVD recorder, but neither of them know how to set the timer on anything to record something later.

But my grandmother had no idea. I had to draw her an easy to understand flow diagram that she would take out and follow each time she wanted to use the VCR. And right up until the day she died she still thought you had to keep the TV on while recording. She would start the VCR recording with the TV on and then go in the other room to watch the other channel. Mad! But my other grandmother was even worse. She thought that when it was recording it would pick up sounds in the room so she would creep in trying not to make any noise.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 19:26 30th November 2007
I think I last used a VCR sometime in 2006. We still have it underneath the TV, but it's never in use. Mostly we use the DVD.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up