Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Star Assault
Harrison 15:41 14th November 2007
Has anyone heard of a PC game called Star Assault?

I came across the game on my travels today and it seems to be a space combat sim similar to Wing Commander or X-Wing, but I can't find out any proper information about the game. When searching I find some places selling the game, but no reviews or screenshots, or information about the gameplay. Anyone know?
[Reply]
Tiago 15:52 14th November 2007
Searching in google images there is a lot of Star Wars Star Assault....
But is not this one you want right?
[Reply]
Buleste 15:57 14th November 2007
I've seen it on Amazon for £16.99 or £16.00 from Virgin but the RRP is £19.99 which is never a good sign but i've never played it.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:04 14th November 2007
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Searching in google images there is a lot of Star Wars Star Assault....
But is not this one you want right?
No, I also found many references to the Star Wars game, but this one is different. It is just called Star Assault.

And as Buleste mentions, releasing a game at a low price point to begin with isn't usually a good sign as it often means the developer is trying to get the game sold under the scope before the magazines and websites get their hands on it for review.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:11 14th November 2007
Screen shots and a demo can be found at http://www.pixelrage.ro/news/Star-As...load/4691.html
[Reply]
Tiago 16:15 14th November 2007
Backgrounds look nice...
it's a small game to the standarts todays...
It doens't smell good...
[Reply]
Harrison 16:16 14th November 2007
Oh cool. Thanks for finding that. The screenshots like quite good. Not amazing but pretty nice.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:18 14th November 2007
The babylon Project looks better and thats free. Although it can be a pig to get mods for.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:51 14th November 2007
The Babylon Project definitely does look good, and as you say it is completely free, being developed using the free freespace 2). I've not tried the beta release out yet, but thanks to you reminding me of the project I definitely will be when i get chance.

But, the more space games we get the better, so I'm also going to give Star Assault a try too to see if it is any good. I'm not bothered if the graphics are a few years out of date compared to current standards, it's the gameplay that matters.
[Reply]
Buleste 17:09 14th November 2007
TBP is on its final release with the download including a couple of mods various installers and promises of new mods all the time. It is a hefty download at about 1GB but it is worth it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up