Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Star Assault
Harrison 15:41 14th November 2007
Has anyone heard of a PC game called Star Assault?

I came across the game on my travels today and it seems to be a space combat sim similar to Wing Commander or X-Wing, but I can't find out any proper information about the game. When searching I find some places selling the game, but no reviews or screenshots, or information about the gameplay. Anyone know?
[Reply]
Tiago 15:52 14th November 2007
Searching in google images there is a lot of Star Wars Star Assault....
But is not this one you want right?
[Reply]
Buleste 15:57 14th November 2007
I've seen it on Amazon for £16.99 or £16.00 from Virgin but the RRP is £19.99 which is never a good sign but i've never played it.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:04 14th November 2007
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Searching in google images there is a lot of Star Wars Star Assault....
But is not this one you want right?
No, I also found many references to the Star Wars game, but this one is different. It is just called Star Assault.

And as Buleste mentions, releasing a game at a low price point to begin with isn't usually a good sign as it often means the developer is trying to get the game sold under the scope before the magazines and websites get their hands on it for review.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:11 14th November 2007
Screen shots and a demo can be found at http://www.pixelrage.ro/news/Star-As...load/4691.html
[Reply]
Tiago 16:15 14th November 2007
Backgrounds look nice...
it's a small game to the standarts todays...
It doens't smell good...
[Reply]
Harrison 16:16 14th November 2007
Oh cool. Thanks for finding that. The screenshots like quite good. Not amazing but pretty nice.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:18 14th November 2007
The babylon Project looks better and thats free. Although it can be a pig to get mods for.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up