Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Do you cook?
Buleste 16:21 14th November 2007
When it comes to frying i'm the master of bcb's (Burnt Crispy Bits) (the best bits) but when i want to i can do a proper roast dinner and basic stuff.
[Reply]
J T 17:01 14th November 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:

I'm afraid my cooking skills are limited to making fried eggs, omelettes, simple fried noodle/rice dishes and pasta bolognese (obviously, with ready-made sauce!). Oh, I'm not so bad at chicken/curry rice either.

I wish I were better at cooking though, since it's quite fun. The problem is that I'm usually rather chaotic by nature, and when you have food sizzling in 2-3 frying pans at the same time, being chaotic is kind of a BAD thing.
I seem to have already posted in this topic, under a different user name.

My wife is a good cook, and I'm good at helping (chopping things up) and then eating it.

I saw mention of Sagres in Tiago's post..... I like the Sagres beer they sell in Nando's (lovely peri-peri chicken from there) - is the beer named after there? Also, Super Bock beer is nice (again, found commonly in Nando's).

Originally Posted by :
But if you want spicy... we lurn learn some technics when we where at war in Africa in Mocambique...the locals had a special spicy condiment.
That do it with pepper (the red one), vinager, olive oil, and one white drink similar to vodka, but stronger.... they do it in a bottle and then they lay it down in the sun, for some hours.... the result is like Napal in your mouth... i only try it once... just a small drop, and i cry like a baby for 20 minutes...
Sounds interesting, I may try this for a laugh. What's the drink they use? And any sort of vinegar will do?

Originally Posted by :
people from mocambique and Angola eat that think a lot... they say it is good for sexual performance.
Sounds....... interesting.
[Reply]
Sharingan 17:46 14th November 2007
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Seafood of course it must be in seaside. One of the best lobsters in the world is from
Sagres village in top south of Portugal in Algarve, in the most left part, the most far away point from UK... it's just superb !!!

Lobsters, eh? One of my favourite kinds of seafood. I always feel sorry for them when I see them being prepared, though. In some Chinese kitchens, they tend to throw lobsters into boiling water ... alive. That's just cruel.

In my own opinion, my list of 'favourite cuisine' in the world looks more like this (based on the foods I have tried so far):

1. Chinese (and I don't mean the rip-off Americanised chop suey crap, but authentic Cantonese cuisine)

2. Italian (more for the pasta than the pizza)

3. Thai (I'm a sucker for spicy food and curry)

4. Japanese (though, other than sushi, I don't see anything else especially special)

As for spicy, apparently, the Naga Jolokia (Ghost Chili) is the hottest pepper in existence. On the Scoville scale (a measure of hotness), Naga Jolokia is rated at 1.000.000 scovilles, while Habanero peppers are only 8.000, and pepper spray 2.000.000. Yum.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 19:36 14th November 2007
Im quite a good cook and I will try anything that takes my fancy (were still talking about cooking). I tend to get ideas about food then go out and try it, sometimes it works and sometimes it dosent. For Halloween we had a few kids over dunking for apples (bobbing in england). I thought that they wouldnt really eat an apple but they would like some party food so I combined the two - I made an apple purre with cooking apples, cinnamon and honey and put it on some vanilla ice cream. When the kids managed to get an apple they got the sweet so everyone was happy!
[Reply]
Tiago 08:12 15th November 2007
Originally Posted by :
Sounds interesting, I may try this for a laugh. What's the drink they use? And any sort of vinegar will do?
Yes, it's just a litle bit. i dont remember well the proporsions they use.

Originally Posted by :
I saw mention of Sagres in Tiago's post..... I like the Sagres beer they sell in Nando's (lovely peri-peri chicken from there) - is the beer named after there? Also, Super Bock beer is nice (again, found commonly in Nando's).
Sagres is first of all a village name, the name of the beer i don't know if was any connection but probably has.
Super Bock (beer) in my opinion is better then Sagres.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 10:30 15th November 2007
How sad is the is this latest attempt to attract the girlies to this site?
We may as well just post some adds on the lonely hearts pages or something.

What next?
Hair tips?
Makeovers?
How too keep your man happy in bed?

[Reply]
Submeg 10:36 15th November 2007
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:

What next?
Hair tips?
Makeovers?

Oh dear

Originally Posted by Tiago:
the result is like Napal in your mouth... i only try it once... and i cry like a baby for 20 minutes... people from mocambique and Angola eat that think a lot... they say it is good for sexual performance.
Man, no wonder it hurt....fitting anything THAT big in your mouth has got to hurt....but yea, ask my gf, she will give u a sure fire remedy....ZING! Score update: Submeg 1 : Noobs 0

btw I know u were saying Napalm all good.
[Reply]
Tiago 10:43 15th November 2007
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:

What next?
Hair tips?
Makeovers?

he he he
it all started with my post about girls in forum, but i was just sugesting the idea of search for girls in other foruns and invite them....
then Sharingan started this food thing.... he he he

Makeovers? I don't know... anyone here does such a thing?
he he he, the expression metrosexual is getting popular, men start to care more about how they look, so ...
[Reply]
Submeg 10:47 15th November 2007
Yea and then they either:
a) get called a fag/poof/fairy for wearing a pink t-shirt
b) get punched for wearing a pink t-shirt
c) become a transexual

All bad options in my view
[Reply]
Tiago 10:48 15th November 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Yea and then they either:
a) get called a fag/poof/fairy for wearing a pink t-shirt