Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Opera for 8 bit computers
Stephen Coates 16:46 12th November 2007
Has anyone seen the Nostalgia mode in Opera 9?

I was looking through some of the menus in Opera just now and saw a 'Nostalgie button so pressed it and...

Opera for 8 bit Computers

Would I be right in thinking that that screen looks very Commodore 64 like?

It even puts a READY message at the bottom

If you hadn't seent his, go into the 'View' Menu, then go to 'Style', and click on 'Nostalgia'.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:49 12th November 2007
That's cool. I've not discovered that myself. Will have to take a look.

And yes, it is just like a C64.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 17:08 12th November 2007
Opera have a page about all the different modes here: http://www.opera.com/support/usingopera/stylesheets/
[Reply]
J T 17:09 12th November 2007
Aw, man, I was expecting a verson of it actually made to run on 8-bit machines so I could be all like "zOMGWTFBBQLOLZ"

Alas. But it's a nice touch anyway - things like that really should be encouraged. Not that I have ever used Opera, and probably won't ever but that's not the point.

Nice find, Steve.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:18 12th November 2007
Looks indeed very nice
[Reply]
Harrison 22:27 12th November 2007
Originally Posted by J T:
Aw, man, I was expecting a verson of it actually made to run on 8-bit machines so I could be all like "zOMGWTFBBQLOLZ"
You know, that is exactly what I though when I originally clicked on the thread too. Having Opera actually working on an 8-bit computer would be quite mad, and I would imagine very slow!
[Reply]
StuKeith 10:27 13th November 2007

Alas. But it's a nice touch anyway - things like that really should be encouraged. Not that I have ever used Opera, and probably won't ever but that's not the point.

Nice find, Steve.

Not a Wii owner then?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:44 13th November 2007
I thought the topic might confuse some people.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:52 13th November 2007
Originally Posted by StuKeith:
Aw, man, I was expecting a verson of it actually made to run on 8-bit machines...
Not a Wii owner then?
I knew the Wii was underpowered, but 8-bit?
[Reply]
J T 13:26 13th November 2007
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Wii browser (which I do have, and have used around..... thrice?)

It even says in massive letters "powered by Opera", and on the Wii box too. For shame
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up