Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Rare PS2 games?
Harrison 15:40 9th November 2007
On the original Playstation a number of games quickly become quite rare and are still commanding quite high prices on ebay. Titles like Tactics Ogre for example.

Does anyone know if any Playstation 2 games have now become as rare and are starting to fetch high prices?
[Reply]
Teho 18:32 9th November 2007
I know the first edition of ICO can fetch a really good price among collectors. That's the one with a cardboard cover, not a standard plastic DVD case. The later re-release had a standard cover like that, and is far easier to find so isn't anything special. Other than a good game, of course. The game itself is the same in both editions, but you know how collectors are.
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:44 9th November 2007
Heh. I actually have the cardboard edition of ICO. It was a birthday present from my brother. Never even heard of the game at the time.
[Reply]
J T 14:55 12th November 2007
Damn I was just about to say ICO and it's been said many times already.

Rez is relatively quite rare now I believe (could be wrong though).
[Reply]
Harrison 15:33 12th November 2007
I think you could be right. Rez didn't get much advertising on release which meant it didn't sell that well, and it always ends up being those games that become the collectable rarities later on.
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:42 12th November 2007
Hey, I got Rez too

Only played the first level though. Guess it didn't hold my interest back then.

Did anyone beside me ever get Fantavision? It's one of the launch games. Doesn't seem to be garnering much attention on Ebay, so I suppose it's only rare because only a few copies were sold!
[Reply]
Harrison 15:50 12th November 2007
Wasn't that the firework puzzle game? If it is I remember it. I think most copies only ended up owned because it was bundled with many launch PS2s.
[Reply]
J T 18:13 12th November 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Hey, I got Rez too

Only played the first level though. Guess it didn't hold my interest back then.
Because it was a bit shit, and you were unsure if you were actually playing a game or just clicking on stuff and every now and then would get a bit of a headache and die (for the slow witted: headache in the real, dying in the game world).

Mad props for the crazy Rez Trance Vibrator accessory though, crazy folks.
[Reply]
AlexJ 02:18 13th November 2007
I've also got both Rez and Fantavision (bought mainly because past experience says that these are the kind of games that may become rare and collectable and I've kicked myself for not buying such games in the past when opportunities have arisen). Both are OK to play once every now and again.

I think it's the Dreamcast version of Rez that's considered quite rare at the moment. There are still plenty of copies of the PS2 game around.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:45 13th November 2007
The DC version is definitely rare and sort after. And many other DC games are now getting harder to find, with American buyers especially looking for many games as towards the end of the DC's life games were only released in Europe and Japan and not in the US.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up