Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: What Amiga hardware is currently on your wish list?
Buleste 10:21 23rd January 2008
DO NOT get a Delfina. They are notoriously hard to get working. I had one and the best i ever got from it was buzzing. I ended up frying it trying to get it to work.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:42 23rd January 2008
I would like PCI, so probably a Mediator.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:44 23rd January 2008
I really must seriously plan an A1200 project this year once I have some spare cash. It's been at the back of my mind for years, ever since the first official tower case mods appeared all those years ago.

But, I'm not sure if I will go for a full tower conversion with all the bells and whistles such as PCI and graphics cards, or keep it more simple and compact by just planning a mod in the existing case. That would definitely be more portable and easier to keep out for permanent use.

If I do go for a standard A1200 mod I will be building a more retro system, not one aimed at fastest speed or able to run the latest software. I would look to build a system with:

DVD/CD-RW built in to rear, large internal HD (have spare 2.5" 40GB HD at mo), KS 3.1, 030 Accelerator, internal A1200 flicker fixer (if I can track one down at a good price). And I think that is about it. I want to keep it simple but functional for true retro classic Amiga gaming. For Workbench setup I would most likely use ClassicWB and the KG WHDLoad gamepacks. Hence the reason for the 40GB HD. Although I do also have spare 6GB and 10GB 2.5" HDs that might be used instead.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up