Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Quiz discussion
Demon Cleaner 08:02 8th January 2007
If you have an idea, complaint, feedback, suggestion, question or whatever, feel free to post and ask here.
[Reply]
AlexJ 23:30 8th January 2007
Have you decided on a closing date for Quiz 1 yet? I couldn't see anything on it's thread.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:17 9th January 2007
I think DC will wait until as many regular members as possible have submitted their answers before announcing a closing date. I think DC lost the answers already submitted for the quiz on the old forum, so if anyone hasn't resubmitted they answers on the new forum please do so you will be included in the results and maybe gain some points and an award through the new forum points and awards systems.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:22 9th January 2007
That's true. There were not many people on that quiz last time due to the new main site, I think only 3 people sent me answers, but they're lost, because of the loss of the Invision board.

I will add a close date when most of the members have send me as PM, so that I'm sure, most people will participate, as some often forget to take the quiz.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:18 9th January 2007
Maybe when the quiz has run for a week or more you could send a group PM to the regular members who have not submitted an answer reminding them that the quiz is due to end soon.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:57 9th January 2007
Will do so. I also have made a table with the results, so immediately if I get a reply from a member, I can put his results into the table, so he can watch where he went wrong.

Of course I will not post the results, but if the member, after listed in the table, wants to get the results, he can PM me for them.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:51 9th January 2007
I saw the table and thought it was a great idea how you have constructed it. It is nice to see the new table feature I added being used.

Will you still post the full set of answers in a restricted thread once the quiz is over? Maybe restrict access to the thread with the results table in it, so only members qho took part have access once the quiz is over, then post the answers in a new post under the table?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:31 9th January 2007
Originally Posted by :
Maybe restrict access to the thread with the results table in it, so only members who took part have access once the quiz is over, then post the answers in a new post under the table?
I wanted to do that, but how can I password protect the topic? I searched for an option, but didn't find any.

So when it is password protected, when I get a reply, I PM the quiz taker the password. Would be great, in that way, he can immediately see the results and doesn't have to wait till the end of the quiz.
[Reply]
Harrison 18:32 9th January 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Originally Posted by :
Maybe restrict access to the thread with the results table in it, so only members who took part have access once the quiz is over, then post the answers in a new post under the table?
I wanted to do that, but how can I password protect the topic? I searched for an option, but didn't find any.
I've PM'd you details on how you can do this. Details were also posted in the Staff Members area.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:41 9th January 2007
I've just set it up and posted the results. Well, you can of course also see them as admin. I will add users as soon I have their results PMed.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up