Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Firework displays
J T 13:47 13th November 2007
I went with a group of friends to a large organised fireworks display and it was very good indeed. There was one that formed a smiley face pattern when it exploded which I thought was ace
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 13:52 13th November 2007
Was it supposed to make a smiley face?
[Reply]
Harrison 14:31 13th November 2007
The ones that form images are really cool. The best I've seen was a few years ago when the new Walt Disney cruise ship docked at Southampton and they put on a really good firework display and some of them made a Mickey Mouse Face which was really cool.
[Reply]
J T 14:34 13th November 2007
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
Was it supposed to make a smiley face?
Yes.

I've not see the 'Mickey' shaped fireworks that Harrison mentioned, but they sound cool. Saw some that exploded into heart shapes before, that was really quite good too.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:39 13th November 2007
I've never seen fireworks that go into funny shapes.
[Reply]
J T 14:47 13th November 2007
I think they are a relatively new thing, I don't remember seeing them more than 2 or 3 yeards ago.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:46 15th November 2007
Our local event got cancelled after 3 mins.
Ash was landing on the kiddies and a few had to be treated by St Johns Ambulence staff.
On possibly the windiest day of the year, apparently they were caught out by the wind changing direction.
[Reply]
Harrison 05:32 16th November 2007
That must have been disappointing. What will they do with all the fireworks now then?
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 13:48 16th November 2007
Nothing has been announced, so the suspicion is the fireworks will be mothballed for next year.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:35 16th November 2007
A cunning way to get twice the money in admission for the same fireworks.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up