Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Do you own an Amiga graphics card?
Harrison 12:28 5th November 2007
When I was using the Amiga in the 90's as my main computer the one thing I wished I could afford was a 24-bit graphics card for my A4000. I used to see the reviews for each new card and then look at the price and get depressed. Compared to the standard Amiga screenmodes a dedicated graphics card would have really speeded graphics applications up greatly, as well as Workbench and other programs that supported the cards extra modes.

Sadly I have still never got hold of an Amiga graphics card, but I would still like to get hold of one for my A4000 at some point just to have a play around and to know I finally did get one.

So, does anyone else here own an Amiga graphics card? And if so what one?

It would also be nice to know if you are using a PC graphics card in an A1200 conversion and what you think about it. Although for me it isn't quite the same as the real original Amiga graphics cards of old.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 13:09 5th November 2007
I'm using a Voodoo 5500 and a 19" TFT
Makes a massive difference in comparison to using a 1084 monitor.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:46 5th November 2007
What do you do if a game or application drops into native 15KHz modes though TiredOfLife?
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 20:14 5th November 2007
The TV output is plugged into my TV Card.
Not great mind.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 09:35 6th November 2007
Do you have a TV card in the Amiga which you use to receive the amiga's 15kHz signal? Or a TV card in another computer?
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 15:01 6th November 2007
TV card is in the Amiga.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up