Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Maaan, what's this funny smell?
Sharingan 17:29 31st October 2007
So what brands of deodorant/eau de toilette/perfume do you like to use most?

Me, I've been using this toilet water from Dior since I was in high school. It's called Dune, and it's actually quite good. Not too flowery, not too strong or invasive. I like it. Plus, it shares its name with one of the greatest sci-fi books ever.

For warding off nasty armpit odours, I alternate between Roma Uomo (Biagotti) and Acqua di Gio (Armani). Both sprays. I absolutely hate deo sticks.

What I hate about most eau de toilettes is how farkin expensive they are. Anything from well-known brands are upwards of € 50-100 for a small bottle. They must be making bucketloads of money off this crap. At least a bottle lasts quite a long time, if used semi-normally. I actually had one go 'bad' on me once - only thing that was left was the alcohol smell.
[Reply]
Submeg 19:12 31st October 2007
Im sure that got you plenty of looks!
[Reply]
Harrison 01:28 1st November 2007
Yeah, they probably thought you were Scottish!

I get eczema sometimes so have to be a but careful what I use. I use to use Linx deodorants as I liked some of the fragrances, but recently they made my skin red, so now I use Gillette Sensitive Skin Antiperspirant Deodorant spray. It has a clean smell that doesn't really have an actual fragrance, but it does work, and I don't get any reactions from it.

I do like Lynx Africa and have some Aftershave that I use sometimes.

And my GF just came back from France and bought me back some Hugo Boss Eau de Toilette which I quite like.
[Reply]
Submeg 02:59 1st November 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:

And my GF just came back from France and bought me back some Hugo Boss Eau de Toilette which I quite like.
Yep, got some of that, its nice stuff
[Reply]
StuKeith 08:02 1st November 2007
I use lynx dry, but like you H, I have eczema and they do make me sore a bit, may have to try the others.

I also have some Lynx AS, but my fav is Joop. I also like the Jean Paul Gautier AS as well.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:32 1st November 2007
None. Stuff like that always seems to give me headaches, so I don't bother.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:20 1st November 2007
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
None. Stuff like that always seems to give me headaches, so I don't bother.
Is it the smell of the AS Steve, or the thought of the attention of girls?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:31 1st November 2007
AS?
[Reply]
Harrison 11:36 1st November 2007
AfterShave
[Reply]
J T 11:37 1st November 2007
It's short for ass. Or possibly aftershave.

I use Lynx deo too (Africa, now that they don't do Atlantis - but it is still available on the continent under the 'Axe' brand). I don't really like the dry/antiperspirant versions so much though.

As for aftershave - Tommy Hilfiger is the one I usuall go for, and I reall like the Joop ones (I think it was 'jump!' I had last time). Hugo is also a good one.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up