Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: M1438 screenmode issues
StuKeith 12:55 31st October 2007
Ive tested all of the drivers on Aminet, and still not 100% happy.

Will play around with moned at some point!
[Reply]
Bloodwych 14:45 31st October 2007
I'm totally with you on this StuKeith. I bought the 1438 from new when they came out and was really annoyed at the black borders.

The only reason I can think of why they didn't provide a horizontal stretch is that when you switch back down to 15Khz/PAL the picture would be too wide so they just locked it with 15Khz support for the horizontal.

It's a really crap design attitude and I have suffered with the black boarders with no solution being satisfactory. In the end, I just decided to live with it.

The monitor really required a memory for the size settings at 30 and 15Khz, but that would have probably pushed up manufacture costs.

The one plus side to this monitor is it's been super reliable and the picture is still perfect.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:15 31st October 2007
I remember being disappointed with the black borders when I first bought a 1438 too, but like you I just grew to accept it and lived with it.

Mine did develop a slightly annoying "feature" a few years ago. Sometimes the images goes a slight shade of yellow and I have to lightly tap the right hand side of the case to make it right again. It normally does this a few time when cold, but once it has been on for a while it stops. Annoying, but other than that it still works OK.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:39 1st November 2007
My 1438 works fine now it has a new RGB connector. The connecotr is a bit messy though, but at least it works and I get all the solour, rather than just green.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up