Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
5 6 7 8 9
Thread: AmigaOS4 for Classic - 30th November
Stephen Coates 12:58 5th December 2007
I'm sure OS4 classic has been released and has been purchased and recieved by people.

But even if it hasn't there have been beta versions of OS4 classic for a few years now.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:42 5th December 2007
I also think some people have already got hold of it because of screenshots I've seen, plus as you mentioned one seller on ebay is showing the PS4 installation screenshots.

But lets hope it isn't delayed getting to everyone after we have been waiting so long.

I'm a little sad now that I don't have any way to run it.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:03 6th December 2007
Boy am I glad to be wrong. The latest statement from AmiKit is as follows

*** First batch of stock has now arrived today and has been sold to customers who placed preorders before 5th Dec. The next batch of stock is due shortly in a few working days. We are taking pre-orders for the next batch now ***

Next batch due on 13th December.
If anyone on here is one of the lucky recipients please let us know.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 16:12 6th December 2007
I was saying about post slowing it down on #amiga.org the other day.

<Hyperion> Sorry, you won't be able to get your copy of OS4 now, it got lost in the post on the way to the suppliers and we can't afford to make any more. You'll have to wait another couple of years.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:23 6th December 2007
The CDs of OS4 will probably turn up in some government department.

Lets hope they are not using TNT to post them!
[Reply]
Puni/Void 17:06 6th December 2007
Harrison wrote:

Originally Posted by :
I'm a little sad now that I don't have any way to run it.
I understand how you feel. There are many of us who would have loved to try out the new OS, but are unable due to lack of hardware. Since those PPC cards are both rare and horribly expensive as well, I guess we'll just have to wait for a miracle.

Maybe some of you that can actually run this OS can post some screenshots and write some text about it once you've tried it out? Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:09 6th December 2007
That is a great idea. It would be great to include something about OS4 on the main site in an article, but we would need those of you who have bought a copy to write it for the site. A sort of first impression and overall review would be great, and if more than one member wrote something then we could have an article with multiple points of view.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
5 6 7 8 9
Up