Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: AmigaOS4 for Classic - 30th November
Stephen Coates 10:28 21st October 2007
Acording to this topic, it seems that OS4 for Classsic systems will be avaliable on 30th November.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up, but OS4 does seem to be a lot more 'finished' than it was a few years ago, so it could be that we will be getting a new OS to play with soon.

If it does get released, I will definately be buying a copy. I will just need a PPC to run it on then.

(If you are wondering why I would buy a copy without a PPC, it is to make sure that I will have it for when I do get a PPC - I wouldn't want to risk it selling out, or them not being able to sell it for other reasons.)
[Reply]
Puni/Void 11:06 21st October 2007
Fantastic news, Stephen! Thanks for finding the info and posting it for us to read.
I'll be buying a copy as well, even if I don't have a PPC Amiga yet. Guess it will be time for some upgrading around Christmas time!

Let's cross our fingers and hope that Hyperion will be able to bring us this OS as now promised.

Btw.. does someone have recommendations when it comes to building a PPC Amiga? Which acceleratorcard should one choose, which tower, and so forth?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:25 21st October 2007
I think I will just get a Blizzard PPC for my A1200.

There is one on ebay at the moment, which I might bid on, but if I win, I will have to sell my 1230.

As for Towers, I quite fancy a D-Box, but they are very ex*****ve and I don't really want to be spending such large amount of money on a box.

EDIT: Why did the board star that word out?
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 11:36 21st October 2007
maybe you spelt it wrong... and typed ex*****ve rather than expensive.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:41 21st October 2007
Ah.

I see. Switch the s and i round and part of the word expensive reads pen!s.

I had never noticed that.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 11:48 21st October 2007
Glad to be of service.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:46 21st October 2007
That is good news indeed. I will have to buy a copy too to support the Amiga community, and will then have to look into an A1200 tower project in the new year.

Has the legal battle regarding OS4 been resolved then? Any news on that?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 13:50 21st October 2007
As far as I'm aware, there are still liegal problems, but I'm not completely sure.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 17:28 21st October 2007
I wouldn't expect the court battle to end any time soon.
There are now two cases running in two different cities.
Have recently just won a PPC on ebay, so I'm just hoping it arrives and is in full working order.
Will definitely be buying OS4.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:07 21st October 2007
TireOfLife wrote:

Originally Posted by :
Have recently just won a PPC on ebay, so I'm just hoping it arrives and is in full working order. Will definitely be buying OS4.
Congratulations with the PPC! What type of turbo card is it (specs)?

I've been searching around a bit myself, but haven't found much for sale yet. Guess they will increase a lot in price if Amiga OS 4 is released for classics.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up