Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Got Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Ghost 04:21 20th October 2007
Hello all,

I don't really know to which subject to respond on the moment and I don't have anything of major interest on the moment to tell.
So instead I am opening a topic about this.

Last Wednesday I got a couple of new games; Half Life 2 The Orange Box, Darwinia and Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass.
As I was really looking forwards to Half Life 2 Episode 2 I waited with unwrapping Zelda until I had finished Episode 2.

On Thursday I have started to play the game and I am enjoying it so far.
As some of you might know, The Phantom Hourglass is a somewhat direct sequel to the Gamecube game "The Wind Waker", it takes place on the mostly ocean covered world of that game.
As I liked that element from the game I was quickly at home in this game.

The gameplay of course is completely different from that game, as previews mentioned the game is almost completely played with the Stylus pen, creating something that feels like playing a PC game with a mouse.

So far Nintendo has made some very clever gameplay elements with it such as running and fighting, the only control I don't like is to make a roll which can be rather difficult because that control doesn't respond well.

The game has the same 'cell shaded' (that is what its called, isn't it?) graphics as in Wind Waker, and while they look nice they can give a somewhat childish appearance I'm afraid.

The game also includes most of the classic Zelda elements, and while fans will enjoy this I do wonder if it isn't time to start to make some changes in these or add something radical new to the game other than the latest plot device.
While the gameplay and graphics improve, the content of Zelda remains the same and I am starting to feel its getting a little stale.

I am not very far in the game yet due to other matters but as I progress I will tell more.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up