Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: That rare obscure game that was never released
Ghost 03:11 16th October 2007
Hello all,

Perhaps once in a while going through a game or a magazine you suddenly recall the memory of a game that was in development years ago that caught your interest.
It wasn't perhaps a good game but you definitely wanted to have a look at it or read a review about it.

But the it disappeared into development hell or the company went bust before it was finished.
And sometimes you even forgot its name

Once in a while I had this with an old game I read in a Amiga magazine years ago, it was a sort of Gauntlet/Alien Breed style overhead shooter and though it wasn't that incredible looking I was still curious about it.

With the online Amiga magazines I recently discovered I have finally managed to find the name of this game; it was called Malfunction and it was developed by Digital Illusions, known for their pinball games at the time and later of course the Battlefield games.

On the scan I read it was going to more than just a shooter, it would also have had adventure elements, making it more involving.

Its sad that it never got finished for some reason.

Do any of you have similar experiences?

Edit:

This was a similar case, but for the PC

http://www.thecomputershow.com/compu...s/creation.htm
[Reply]
Sharingan 07:24 16th October 2007
Can't for the life of me remember a cancelled Amiga project that I would've liked to see right now, but as for games on other platforms, I was rather disappointed when Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance III went bye-bye. I definitely would've liked to see that one.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 14:38 16th October 2007
This is not either an obscure or rare game, but The Fall: Last Days of Gaia. I waited a long time for the English version of this RPG, but it was (after what I know) never released. I've given up on it, and haven't checked for it for a long time. Actually, I'll have a look now just for fun.

Right.. the official homepage is down, so that's not good news. Seems like an English version was never released.

Another title I remember waiting for was Lost Eden for the CD32. There was a lot of writing about the game in various Amiga mags at the time and there were even screenshots posted. Sadly this game never made it to the Amiga.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:17 16th October 2007
I also waited a long time for The Fall, but I think only the German version was ever released. I wonder if any fans will eventually translate it?
[Reply]
Ghost 18:56 16th October 2007
Hello Harrison,

Could you transfer this to the general topic thread, I think that just the Amiga alone is limited.
People probably have games for dozens of machines they really looked forwards too.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:33 16th October 2007
Originally Posted by :
Play Ring of Red! It's awsome!!!1
I played Ring of Red a lot, it's indeed a good game.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:51 16th October 2007
I also played Ring of Red a lot when it came out. It was a great game, with the combat quite different in style and control to most other games.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 11:21 17th October 2007
I imagine that's why the 360 sold loads...

Lots of Ring of Red fans buying one because they heard 'it comes with a free ring of red!.

Hyuk hyuk!

Seriously, never played the game, although I saw it a couple of times and thought about it, but I also did the same with a few other games and regretted NOT getting them (mind you, there are others that I regretted getting)
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up