Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Worth getting?
Ghost 01:26 17th October 2007
Hello Harrison,

Heh, I know about the Uridium 2 games, unfortunate one of the sellers only accepts paypal and as I don't have that it will have to wait.

Also spoke with the seller of The Second Samurai but he would like to be paid in GBP which is quite expensive to trade Euros for.
[Reply]
Ghost 04:08 20th October 2007
Hello guys,

Which version of Desert Strike is better, the PC version or the Amiga version?
[Reply]
Harrison 10:47 20th October 2007
The Amiga version, although the best version is actually the SNES version followed by the original Megadrive/Genesis version. And for the sequel, Jungle Strike, the Amiga AGA version is the best.
[Reply]
Ghost 02:54 21st October 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
The Amiga version, although the best version is actually the SNES version followed by the original Megadrive/Genesis version. And for the sequel, Jungle Strike, the Amiga AGA version is the best.
Hello Harrison,

What I always liked about the Home Computer versions was the extra graphic details they added in the game like the little trucks here and there.

Yesterday I was comparing the PC and the Amiga version based on screenshots but without seeing them both in movement it is very hard to compare.
For a while I thought the PC version was actually graphically superior.

Regarding Jungle Strike, when you wrote that the Amiga version was the best I was rather confused as it looked rather cartoon like (bright colours), but now I realised I forgot the AGA bit.

Jungle Strike felt a bit harder than Desert Strike from the start, I remember playing the SEGA version for the first time, having enjoyed it's predecessor a lot, this was one of the most difficult First Levels I ever played.

On comparison, Urban Strike was a lot easier.

A couple of years ago I got Soviet Strike, I was disppointed when I heard it would only appear on the Saturn and the Playstation (by then I was fully into PC gaming).
Its actually still enjoyable and I think it should have had a Home Computer version at the time.

I have never played Nuclear Strike, was it any good?

As some people may know, another Strike was in development; Future Strike, but it got cancelled and elements of it were used in another game which name has eludes me on the moment.

I think it would have had mechs and such.
[Reply]
Harrison 03:12 21st October 2007
I only every played the first two Strike games all the way through. The later ones I just played a bit to see what they were like but can't really remember now.
[Reply]
Sharingan 20:52 21st October 2007
Originally Posted by Ghost:
As some people may know, another Strike was in development; Future Strike, but it got cancelled and elements of it were used in another game which name has eludes me on the moment.

That would be Future Cop L.A.P.D.. I have the PSX version. The co-op mode was quite good fun.
[Reply]
Ghost 21:33 21st October 2007
Do you feel that the Strike series should be revived?

I am not sure about it on a home console but I think they could make a nice game for a handheld console.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:37 21st October 2007
Didn't they port Desert or Jungle to the GBA a couple of years ago?

It would definitely work well on a handheld screen, as is true of many 16/32bit titles that have already been ported.
[Reply]
Ghost 21:47 21st October 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Didn't they port Desert or Jungle to the GBA a couple of years ago?

It would definitely work well on a handheld screen, as is true of many 16/32bit titles that have already been ported.
Actually, I mean a complete new game.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:27 21st October 2007
In the same isometric style? or updated/different? Personally I think that to retain the gameplay and feel it would need to remain in an isometric 3D view. Not sure where they could go with the series that hasn't already been done in the existing games.

BTW, I can confirm that Desert and Jungle Strike are very nice to play on the PSP via emulation. In the past I've played both the SNES and Amiga versions via emulation and they suit the PSP screen well.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up